Easy Chicken Stir Fry Recipe – quick and easy vegetable and chicken stir fry with delicious teriyaki sauce. Perfect served with noodles or rice.
Colorful dishes with fresh and bright vegetables are always my favorite. Bonus points if they are quick and easy to make. Even more bonus points, if they give me an excuse to make my favorite teriyaki sauce and coat it all in it. Talk about flavors! This Easy Chicken Stir Fry is a twist on my most popular recipe and a family favorite: Quick Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowls. It has the same sauce and chicken, even more vegetables and this time we are serving it with Asian noodles. Dinner on the table in under 20 minutes.
This Easy Chicken Stir Fry is a perfect dinner idea for busy weeknights, great for meal prep and to enjoy for lunch through the week or for a date night in. You can use any vegetables you like and serve it with rice or noodles.
HOW DO YOU MAKE STIR FRY AT HOME?
Stir fry is one of the easiest dishes you can make at home and skip the take out. All you need is meat or tofu, bright vegetables (broccoli, peppers, onions, garlic, carrots, baby corn, etc.), the sauce and rice or noodles. Cook chicken in skillet first, then remove and make place for vegetables. Saute until they reach desired texture, add sauce and cook to thicken. Add the chicken back to skillet and stir everything together. Serve over cooked Asian noodles (I love the LoMein Noodles but you can even use spaghetti, if that’s what you have on hand) or my Perfectly Fluffy Rice cooked without rice cooker. We also love it with quinoa and cauliflower rice.
HOW DO YOU MAKE CHICKEN STIR FRY WITH NOODLES?
Chicken stir fry can be served with noodles or rice (and vegetables rice substitutes). If serving with rice, I recommend stirring the cooked and drained noodles right with the chicken and vegetables so the sauce can coat everything. I like Lo Mein Noodles but spaghetti noodles work too.
WHAT DO YOU PUT IN A STIR FRY?
Stir fry is one of those dishes that you can make with different vegetables, depending on what you like or have on hand. I recommend garlic, carrots (thinly sliced into sticks), red bell pepper or sweet mini peppers, onion and broccoli. I also often add baby corn and snap peas. Make it bright and colorful! Each vegetable adds texture and flavor to the finished result. This stir fry is made with thinly sliced chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces. You can use chicken thighs cut the same way or to make this dish vegan, use cubed tofu. You can always skip that ingredient and keep it vegetarian.
HOW DO YOU MAKE STIR FRY SAUCE?
The teriyaki sauce used in this recipe is easy and can be made ahead of time. Simply whisk cornstarch, vinegar (rice, apple cider or white), soy sauce, minced garlic and ginger and brown sugar together in a 1 cup measuring cup. Make sure no clumps of cornstarch remain. Add to cooked veggies and bring to simmer to thicken the sauce. It is absolutely delicious! To make ahead, double or triple the ingredients, cook the sauce in a medium saucepan and store in a jar with lid in the fridge.
MORE EASY AND DELICIOUS ASIAN DINNER RECIPES:
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
–>> Follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram for latest recipe updates!
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Quick and easy vegetable and chicken stir fry with delicious teriyaki sauce. Perfect served with noodles or rice.
More easy dinner recipes: www.crunchycreamysweet.com
- 2 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 1 lb skinless boneless chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 5 white mushrooms washed and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot sticks about 1 medium carrot
- 2 cups steamed broccoli
- rice or Asian noodles
- Cook noodles according to instructions on the package. I used one bundle of the Lo Mein noodles (see note).
- In a large skillet, heat up one tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper and cook until done. Remove onto a plate and set aside.
- Add remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan. Add garlic, ginger, onion and pepper and saute until soft. Add carrots and mushrooms and cook until tender.
- In a 1 cup measuring cup, whisk together all ingredients for the teriyaki sauce. Add to vegetables in skillet and cook until the sauce thickens.
- Return chicken to skillet, add broccoli and stir everything well.
- If serving with noodles, add cooked and drain noodles to skillet and stir in.
- Serve or divide among 4 containers and store in fridge for up to 4 days.
LoMein noodles (I use the Wei Chuan brand) come in 4 bundles in the package. I used one bundle for this recipe. If you like to serve this stir fry with rice, check out my how to for making perfectly fluffy rice without rice cooker. You can also serve it with quinoa (cooked in digital pressure cooker). To make the sauce ahead of time: double the ingredients and cook in a medium saucepan until the sauce it thick. Cool and pour into glass jar or bottle and store in fridge until ready to use.
Check out my collection of easy Asian dinner recipes, HERE.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS RIGHT INTO YOUR INBOX!