1-Minute Instant Pot Quinoa Recipe – the fastest way to cook perfectly fluffy quinoa in your pressure cooker! Great time-saver for meal prep or busy weeknights.
I am so so excited to share this recipe (or how-to really) with you! It is a huge time-saver for me and I hope it will be for you too. You can cook perfectly fluffy quinoa in your pressure cooker without tending to it, stirring, watching it. Just set it and forget it! All thanks to the wonderful digital pressure cooker, my Instant Pot.
This Amazing 1-Minute Quinoa cooked in digital pressure cooker, like Instant Pot, is a true time saver for me. Whether you need quinoa as a side dish or need a batch for your meal prep of lunches or dinners, this is a fail-proof and the fastest way to cook it.
HOW TO COOK QUINOA IN INSTANT POT
Place the needed amount of dry quinoa in the stainless steel insert of your digital pressure cooker. Add twice as much water. Cover with lid, set the valve to “sealing” position and adjust timer to 1 minute. That’s it! The Instant Pot will come to pressure quite quickly (about 3 to 4 minutes) and cook even faster. When done, the pressure cooker will beep. Press the “cancel/off” button, do not let the pressure out but leave the IP for 3 to 4 minutes. Then release pressure by switching the valve to “venting” position. Carefully open the lid away from your face. The quinoa should absorb the whole amount of water so no liquid should be visible. Stir quinoa. It should be perfectly cooked and fluffy.
The ratio to remember here is 1 part quinoa to 2 parts water. For example, if you are cooking 1 cup of quinoa, you need to add 2 cups of water. And so on. You will have 3 times as much quinoa after cooking. So one cup will make 3 cups of cooked quinoa.
DELICIOUS RECIPES USING QUINOA:
- use in tacos instead of ground meat
- add to soups and salads
- use instead of rice in my Quick Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowls
- make this delicious Southwestern Kale Power Salad from Cookie and Kate
- swoon over this gorgeous Garlic Butter Shrimp and Quinoa from Pinch of Yum
- devour this One Pot Mexican Spiced Vegetable Quinoa from Jessica Gavin
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
–>> Follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram for latest recipe updates!
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
- Place quinoa and water in the stainless steel insert of your Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and set the valve to "sealing" position.
- Press "manual" and adjust timer to 1 minutes.
- The pressure cooker will beep shortly and start coming to pressure. It takes only a few minutes.
- Once done, the Instant Pot will beep again. Press "cancel/off" button. Do not release pressure.
- Let the Instant Pot release pressure naturally for about 3 to 4 minutes. Then switch valve to "venting" position and release pressure.
- Carefully open lid away from your face. The liquid should be absorbed completely by quinoa. Stir quinoa. It should be fluffy.
One cup of dry quinoa makes 3 cups of cooked quinoa.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS RIGHT INTO YOUR INBOX!