Easy Baked Oatmeal Cups Recipe – hearty and filling oatmeal baked into muffin cups. Perfect breakfast idea for busy days!
What do you do when your family is bored with oatmeal every morning? You bake it into muffin cups! These Easy Baked Oatmeal Cups are a recent family favorite. Easy to whip up, freezer-friendly, perfect for busy mornings, road trips and lunch boxes. Add your favorite oatmeal toppings into the batter and on top of each cup and enjoy these hearty and filling cups. If I don’t have a batch of my Flourless Peanut Butter Blender Muffins on hand, I make these Baked Oatmeal Cups.
HOW TO MAKE BAKED OATMEAL CUPS
To make baked oatmeal cups, simply whisk together the wet ingredients ( mashed bananas, nut butter, coconut oil, egg or an egg replacer, vanilla extract ) and add the dry ingredients ( rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt ). Add your favorite oatmeal toppings: chopped nuts, dried fruit, fresh fruit, chocolate chips and bake until golden brown. Cool to room temperature and store in an air-tight container or freeze to enjoy later. These oatmeal cups are delicious slightly warm or at room temperature. Cut in half and spread almond or peanut butter on each for an even more filling breakfast or snack.
I love stocking up on these oatmeal cups. They are perfect for our busy days, when we have a ton of errands to run and I want us to have a healthy option. I also always pack them for our road trips and into our kids’ snack boxes.
More baked oatmeal ideas:
Pumpkin Spice Baked Oatmeal from Barefeet in the Kitchen
Slow Cooker Baked Oatmeal from FoodieCrush
Creme Brulee Baked Oatmeal from TidyMom
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS RIGHT INTO YOUR INBOX!
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
–>> Follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram for latest recipe updates!
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
- 1 egg or egg replacer for a vegan option
- 3/4 cup milk any kind; I used almond milk
- 1/2 cup mashed bananas I used 1 medium banana
- 1 Tablespoon nut butter any kind, I used almond
- 1 Tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup dried fruit
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Grease a muffin pan with coconut oil. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together egg, mashed banana, nut butter, coconut oil and vanilla. Whisk well.
- Add oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and any add-ons you like. Stir until combined.
- Scoop batter into muffin pan. I got 8 muffins.
- Baked for 25 minutes OR until golden brown.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes. Remove from pan and serve or cool completely, place in a ziploc bag and freeze for up to 1 month.
Craving more? Check out these easy recipes: