Gingerbread Loaf Cake Recipe – moist and perfectly spiced Christmas cake for gingerbread lovers. This coffee shop style cake is absolutely delicious!
Bring the coffee shop style loaf cake into your kitchen with this easy recipe for Gingerbread Loaf made from scratch. Perfect to enjoy on a snowy day along side of a big mug of coffee or tea or gift-wrap and give to friends and family this holiday season.
I am obsessed with all the ginger molasses baked treats right now! I made my Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies twice already and have a batch in the freezer for Christmas. Now this loaf! It’s so good with a cup of latte in the afternoon!
HOW TO MAKE GINGERBREAD LOAF CAKE
Every Gingerbread Cake has to have these two main ingredients: ginger and molasses. This recipe is very easy to make and can be baked in a loaf pan, muffin pan or a 9″ square or round pan. I like the loaf shape and that’s what I use. You can frost the cake with a cream cheese frosting ( get my favorite recipe for it, here ) or dust it with powdered sugar. To make the cake, simply whisk dry ingredients together and separately, whisk wet ingredients together. Combine both mixtures into a smooth batter. Pour into greased and floured or parchment paper lined pan and bake in preheated oven until the toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. No toothpick on hand? Use my trick and grab a dry spaghetti noodle. Works like a charm!
Scroll below for the printable recipe.
MORE GINGER MOLASSES RECIPES:
Gingerbread Snowballs from Crazy for Crust
Gingerbread Muffins from Spend with Pennies
Gingerbread Bundt Cake from Oh, Sweet Basil
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS RIGHT INTO YOUR INBOX!
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
–>> Follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram for latest recipe updates!
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
- 1.5 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup molasses ( I used Grandma's molasses )
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1 large egg
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 9" x 5" loaf pan or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk dry ingredients: flour, soda, salt and spices.
- In another mixing bowl, combine butter, molasses and water. Whisk until butter is melted. Cool until not hot to the touch. Add egg and whisk until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes OR until the toothpick inserted in few places in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
Dust with powdered sugar and slice.
Keep wrapped in plastic wrap or in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
This cake can be baked in a loaf pan, muffin pan or a 9" square or round pan. I like the loaf shape and that's what I use. You can frost the cake with a cream cheese frosting ( get my favorite recipe for it, here ) or dust it with powdered sugar.