Gingerbread Cookie Bars – chewy and perfectly spiced cookie bars with sweet vanilla frosting and festive sprinkles are easy and delicious!
Aside from classic cookies and our favorite candies and fudge, cookie bars are a must for Christmas parties and get-togethers. They are a great alternative if you need a treat fast or if you are not feeling like making individual gingerbread men or drop cookies.
These Gingerbread Bars are perfectly spices and chewy, thanks to my all-time favorite recipe for Ginger Molasses Cookies. So many of you made them and love them as much as we do so I knew the bars would be as delicious! The cookies are rolled in sugar just before baking but these bars are frosted with tangy and sweet vanilla cream cheese frosting and dressed up with festive Christmas themed sprinkles.
HOW TO MAKE GINGERBREAD COOKIE BARS
Cookie bars are one of the easiest desserts to make. Simply, cream butter and sugar, add egg, vanilla and molasses and mix in well. Add whisked dry ingredients and stir in until the dough is thick and sticky and all flour is incorporated. Spread the mixture in 13″ x 9″ pan, lined with parchment paper. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. The bars will puff up during baking and deflate while cooling. Next, whip up the cream cheese frosting, spread over cooled bars and dress up the treat with red, white and green sprinkles or mini gingerbread man candy.
MORE GINGERBREAD DESSERTS:
Gingerbread Fudge from Spend with Pennies
Gingerbread Oreo Truffle Bark from Inside BruCrew Life
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS RIGHT INTO YOUR INBOX!
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
–>> Follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram for latest recipe updates!
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature 12 tablespoons
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses I used Grandma's molasses
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cream cheese soft
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter soft
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a 13" x 9" baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter for 30 seconds with electric mixer. Add sugar and beat for 3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and molasses and beat on medium low speed just until combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ginger and salt. Gradually add to the sugar molasses mixture and beat on low until combined.
- Spread cookie dough in prepared pan. Spread evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until the top appears dry. The bars will puff up during baking and deflate while cooling.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before frosting.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer for 30 seconds. Add vanilla and powdered sugar. Mix well. It should be fluffy and thick.
- Spread frosting over cooled bars. Dress up with festive sprinkles. Cut into squares and serve.