One Pot Turkey Tetrazzini Recipe – quick and easy dish with leftover turkey meat, creamy mushroom garlic sauce and noodles. All cooks in one pan!
One of the best ways to make dinner after the holidays, is to go for a one pan dish. Better yet, if you can use leftovers from the holiday feast. Bonus points, if it won’t leave you with a stack of dishes to clean. My One Pot Turkey Tetrazzini is just that! It’s quick, easy, delicious, creamy and made without canned cream of soup.
Start by cooking the turkey or turkey breast in the Instant Pot or oven, use what you need for the holiday dinner, then remove any remaining meat from the bones and use to make this delicious tetrazzini in just one pot!
HOW TO MAKE TURKEY TETRAZZINI
After cooking the big bird for the holidays, you most likely will have leftovers and also no desire the next day to stand by the stove and cook another dinner. This One Pot Turkey Tetrazzini is the perfect solution for that! It uses 2 cups of diced leftover turkey meat, noodles, amazing mushroom sauce and it all cooks in one pan! I used the Le Creuset Braiser ( in my new favorite color: TEAL that’s exclusive to Williams-Sonoma ), as it is my favorite for one pan meals because it’s deep enough and large enough so the pasta cooks perfectly. You can use any large saucepan with lid.
Since the meat is already cooked, all you need to do is saute onions, garlic and mushrooms, add dry pasta and the meat and then the liquid. Just enough to cover the noodles. Bring everything to boil, then simmer, stirring often until the pasta is done.
You can also freeze leftover turkey and make this tetrazzini any time you crave comfort food but need a super easy dinner idea.
HOW TO USE LEFTOVER TURKEY
I find that typically, after feeding a family or 4 to 5 with the big turkey dinner, you will end up with about 2 cups of leftover turkey meat ( not counting the legs as I assume these disappear in your house first, just like they do here ). It is a great amount to use in cheesy bakes or casseroles or sandwiches. Turkey and Brie Grilled Cheese anyone?
Here are more delicious ideas for dishes that use leftover turkey:
Leftover Turkey Tortilla Soup – perfect idea for a chilly fall day!
Leftover Turkey Lasagna Rolls – turn the leftovers int a family favorite!
Leftover Turkey Farro Cranberries – another one pot meal recipe that’s bursting with flavors!
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
ONE POT TURKEY TETRAZZINI RECIPE
Quick and easy dish with leftover turkey meat, creamy mushroom garlic sauce and noodles. All cooks in one pan!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 6 oz. white mushrooms washed, sliced
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt divided
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper divided
- 8 oz. spaghetti noodles dry
- 2 cups leftover turkey meat diced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- parsley for garnish
- In a large saucepan or skillet with lid, heat up oil and butter. Add garlic and onion and saute until onion is almost translucent. Add mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook until fragrant and soft.
- In a small mixing bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together milk and cornstarch. Add salt and pepper and whisk. Set aside.
- To mushroom mixture in skillet, add diced turkey meat, dry spaghetti noodles ( can be broken in half ), chicken stock and cornstarch mixture. Stir well. Make sure all noodles are submerged in liquid.
- Bring mixture to boil, then lower the heat to medium-low and simmer covered, stirring often until the noodles are done, about 12 to 14 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let cool for 5 minutes. Add sour cream and Parmesan cheese and stir well.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley.
To freeze: do not add sour cream and cheese after noodles are cooked. Simply cool the dish completely, then transfer to a freezer safe container. When ready to serve, thaw in fridge, let stand in room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes, heat up in saucepan or skillet. Then add sour cream and Parmesan cheese and serve.
Note: You can also freeze leftover turkey and make this tetrazzini any time you crave comfort food but need a super easy dinner idea.