The Best S’Mores Dip Recipe – rich and gooey chocolate marshmallow dip! Thanks to using milk chocolate bar, the dip doesn’t scorch or harden but stays gooey and soft.
If you ever tried making S’mores Dip in a skillet (on the grill or in the oven) and simply placed chocolate chips on the bottom of it and topped it with marshmallows, you know how fast the chocolate hardened and that it stuck to the bottom which made for quite the clean up. Well, worry no more as I have the solution and you will LOVE it!
I present you THE BEST S’mores Dip ever!! Everyone in my family that tried it, says so. I believe it is and I am so excited to share my tricks and the recipe with you. Make it once, you will be changed forever! This S’mores Dip stays ooey and gooey for hours so you don’t have to rush to eat it or worse, burn your mouth. The chocolate doesn’t seize or become grainy but stays perfectly melty.
Watch our fun video to see how gooey it really is:
The simple secret to making the Best S’mores Dip is to use chocolate bar and NOT chocolate chips! If you ever made s’mores dip with chocolate chips you know that they do not melt into nice chocolate layer but rather seize and become grainy and quickly harden so you really don’t have much time to enjoy this dip after it comes out of the oven.
If you are using chocolate for your s’mores, use it in this dip. I used Hershey’s milk chocolate because that’s what I always use when we make s’mores by the fire during summer and fall. It is absolutely perfect because it’s rich and sweet. If you prefer dark chocolate, I suggest Hershey’s Special Dark.
Another secret is to add half and half or milk to the chocolate and melt it all together in the microwave. That shortens the time the dip is in the oven and assures the chocolate stays gooey and melty. Perfect!
If you love dessert dips, you will definitely enjoy my Tiramisu Dip! It’s one of my favorite desserts in a quick and easy to serve dip version. So good!
I hope you give this recipe a try and let me know how you like it. Summer time calls for s’mores in every shape or form. This S’mores Dip is quick and easy and perfect as a last-minute dessert that everyone will love!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS RIGHT INTO YOUR INBOX!
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
- 7 oz milk chocolate bar , broken into pieces (I used Hershey's Milk Chocolate XL)
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- 1 pkg large marshmallows
- Place chocolate and half and half into a large mixing bowl that's microwave safe. Microwave the mixture in 12 seconds intervals until melty. Stir until smooth. The mixture will be thick.
- Spread the chocolate mixture on the bottom of greased (I used coconut oil to grease it) 10" cast iron skillet or 9" round pie plate or any other heat-safe dish.
- Top with marshmallows.
- Broil in 415 degrees F oven for 2 to 3 minutes OR until the marshmallows are golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and set on a heat-safe cutting board. Let cool.
- Serve with graham crackers.
I used Hershey's Milk Chocolate XL bars for this recipe.
If you don't have half and half on hand, use equal parts of milk and heavy cream or simply just milk.
- add about 3 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter to the chocolate mixture before melting it in the microwave. Peanut butter chocolate lovers will swoon over this idea!
- sprinkle sea salt over the melted chocolate layer before topping with marshmallows.
- drizzle the baked dip with caramel for added richness and pizzazz.
OTHER DELICIOUS S’MORES RECIPES:
S’Mores Pudding Parfaits from Mom on Timeout
S’mores Fudge from Wine & Glue
Cherry Cola S’mores Brownies from Melanie Makes