Peanut Butter Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe – quick and easy dessert topping. Perfect for ice cream, sundaes, cakes and cupcakes.
Every summer, as soon as the weather gets really warm and my family craves only ice cream for dessert, I make my Mom’s recipe for 10-Minute Hot Fudge Sauce. It is quick and easy to make and absolutely delicious! I use it not only on frozen treats but also as a filling and topping on cakes, cupcakes, trifles, you name it.
This peanut butter version was my Hubby’s idea. One day, he suggested adding peanut butter to the sauce and I was completely sold on it! This sauce is what dessert dreams are made of. You have to try it!
Watch our video to see how to make it:
Aside from adding peanut butter to my go-to fudge recipe, I also used half and half in place of milk. It makes for a creamier and thicker sauce. Of course, feel free to use milk if that’s what you have on hand. If the sauce is too thick for your liking, add more half and half, going by tablespoons.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS RIGHT INTO YOUR INBOX!
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE HERE ON FACEBOOK
Peanut Butter Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe - quick and easy dessert topping. Perfect for ice cream, sundaes, cakes and cupcakes.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, cocoa powder, peanut butter, butter and half and half. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Do not boil. Cook until all ingredients are combined and smooth.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in vanilla.
- Cool sauce for 10 to 15 minutes, then pour into a container (like a glass jar). Cool completely. Cover. Store in fridge.
- Warm up and stir before use.
- The sauce will thicken as it cools. You can also store it where you keep caramel sauce and other dessert toppings.
The sauce will thicken as it cools. You can also store it where you keep caramel sauce and other dessert toppings.
OTHER DELICIOUS DESSERT IDEAS FOR THIS FUDGE SAUCE: