Quick Honey Chipotle Chicken Rice Bowls Recipe – sweet and spicy chicken with honey chipotle sauce, vegetables and served over rice. Quick, easy and flavorful!
Today, I am back with another quick and easy dinner idea for busy weeknights or simply when you need a good yet quick dinner. After the highly popular Quick Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowls recipe and the fantastic feedback it has gotten, I wanted to make another quick chicken recipe that has a lot of flavor and it takes only few minutes to whip up.
I didn’t have to look far because these Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wings gave me all the inspiration I needed. My Hubby and I loved the honey chipotle sauce the wings cooked in and I knew I needed to make it again for a chicken dinner.
This dish is saucy! You will not complain about a lack of flavor here. There is a ton of it. Sweet honey and spicy chipotle peppers make the base of this sauce quite irresistible. This time, in place of just steamed broccoli florets, I decided to add Asian vegetable mix. It has baby corn, carrot sticks, snap peas and broccoli. You could go with any veggie blend you like. Add a scoop of perfectly cooked rice and dinner is done!
Another option is to make the sauce and rice a day ahead. The next day, turn the rice into fried rice and serve with chicken cooked in this sauce. Dinner on the table even faster!
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR DINNER BOARD!
CLICK HERE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK.
- 1,5 lb to 2 boneless skinless chicken breast
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch or flour
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 to 2 chipotle peppers see note
- 1 Tablespoon adobo sauce from the can with peppers
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice optional but recommended
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pkg frozen vegetable mix thawed, I used Asian blend
- cooked rice
- In a blender, place honey, brown sugar, peppers, adobo sauce, salt, garlic, ketchup, vinegar and lime juice. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and sprinkle cornstarch or flour over. Toss chicken to coat.
- In a large saucepan, heat up oil and butter until butter is melted. Add chicken to pan and cook until done, browning on all sides, about 7 minutes or so.
- Pour sauce over chicken and stir together. Cook over medium heat, until sauce is bubbly. Stir often.
- In a measuring cup, mix together cornstarch and water. Add to saucepan and cook until sauce thickens. Stir often.
- Add veggies and stir together.
- Serve over rice.
This dish was spicy for me but my Hubby thought it could use more heat. If you love spicy food, you may want to add one more chipotle pepper.