Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Pasta Shells recipe – rich and hearty pasta dish that’s easy to make! Jumbo pasta shells filled with creamy ricotta and spinach filling, topped with more cheese and baked on top of hearty red sauce.
This post is sponsored by Mirum Shopper.
Cheese and pasta is one of my favorite comfort food combos. We have it in our weekly menu rotation and if we ever get bored with it, all I need to do is jazz it up a little bit! Like stuff jumbo pasta shells with creamy ricotta and spinach filling and bake it all on a bed of hearty pasta sauce. YES! Thumbs up from the whole family!
Today I am partnering with RAGÚ to tell you about their newest line of Homestyle sauces because when it comes to quick, easy and delicious pasta dishes – a good red sauce is a must!
RAGÚ launched a new line of thick and hearty pasta sauces and I am obsessed! The line includes 4 flavors: Thick and Hearty Traditional, Thick and Hearty Roasted Garlic, Thick and Hearty Four Cheese and Thick and Hearty flavored with Meat. These sauces taste like rich, homemade sauces made with garden vegetables. So good! They do not contain any artificial colors, flavors or high-fructose corn syrup.
The new RAGÚ Homestyle sauces are available at Kroger stores (I got mine at Dillon’s). And because I am all about saving money, there is a COUPON available for you right now that will save you 55 cents when you buy any two RAGÚ Homestyle sauces! Yay! You can upload a coupon HERE or click the photo below.
I was trying to decide which sauce is my favorite but I can because the roasted garlic is crazy good just as is the traditional. They taste like a homemade pasta sauce that has been simmering for hours on my stove top. And they are thick! The sauce doesn’t pour from the jar. It’s so thick and hearty! I knew I wanted to make a dish that is also bold and hearty. Jumbo pasta shells stuffed with cheesy filling are perfect for it!
For this dish, all you need to do is spread the sauce on the bottom of your dish, arrange filled pasta shells, top with shredded cheese and bake. That’s it! After just 20 minutes you will have a hearty and filling meal your family will love!
- 12 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 jar RAGU Homestyle sauce (I used Thick and Hearty Traditional)
- 15 oz. whole-milk ricotta
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 ad 1/2 cup fresh spinach roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 clove garlic minced or grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella for topping
- chopped Italian parsley for garnish
- Cook pasta shells according to instructions on the package. Drain, keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread pasta sauce on the bottom of 13" x 9" baking dish. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, egg, garlic, seasoning, salt, pepper and chopped spinach.
- Fill each pasta shell with cheese filling and arrange in the sauce.
- Sprinkle additional mozzarella cheese over each shell.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling on the edges.
- Let sit for 10 minutes in room temperature before serving.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!
For a chance to win $25 Kroger gift card from RAGÚ, leave a comment below answering this question:
Which sauce from the RAGÚ Homestyle line you want to try first and what dish will you make with it?
Winner will be chosen on June 22nd and notified via email.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Mirum Shopper. All opinions, text and photos are 100% my own.