Cauliflower Fried Rice recipe – I used cauliflower rice in one of our favorite dishes and it is amazing! This healthier version of fried rice is so easy and so delicious!
The best way to see if a healthier substitution works – is to try it in one of your favorite recipes. I knew that the first dish I wanted to try with my new obsession – the cauliflower rice – is Fried Rice. I was crossing my fingers so hard because my Hubby loves fried rice and I really wanted him to love it with my cauliflower substitution.
You guys, we literally ate the whole pan, no plates – just forks and pan! We are obsessed with this version of fried rice! The same flavors, less calories. It is so good and you can’t tell that there is no grain rice in it. #winning
Fried rice is super easy to make and I will share my tips for the classic version very soon! This healthier version can be made in about 20 minutes, that includes grating the cauliflower. You can also use refrigerated cauliflower rice – I store mine in a Ziploc bag in the fridge and use through out the week. I love it!
To turn it into a full meal, add tofu or cooked, bite-size chicken breast. OR a fried egg! Yes, fried egg is so good on top of this fried rice! Try it!
- 2.5 cups cauliflower rice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced or grated
- 1 medium carrot OR 8 baby carrots chopped
- 3/4 cup green peas
- 4 Tablespoons soy sauce
- green onions optional garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up 1 tablespoon of oil in a large pan.
- Add egg and cook, gently stirring, until done.
- Remove onto a plate and break into smaller pieces.
- To pan, add 1 tablespoon of oil, heat up.
- Add onion and garlic and saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add chopped carrots and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring often.
- Add cauliflower rice and cook about 5 minutes, until cooked.
- Add soy sauce and egg, stir in and cook for 1 more minute.
- Remove from heat and season to taste.
- Serve garnished with chopped green onions.