Lemon Garlic Roasted Chicken recipe – mouth-watering chicken thighs roasted with garlic and lemons. Ridiculously easy to make and pure comfort food. This is inexpensive dinner, perfect for a busy weeknight or a weekend!
You guys, I am so excited to finally share this recipe with you! We just had it again last weekend so I can finally photograph it but just looking at these photos makes me hungry! This chicken is seriously amazing!
If there is one recipe that I fondly remember from my childhood, it’s my mom’s roasted chicken. She would only make it on Sundays and the fragrance of the dish is still pure comfort to me. Now I make roasted chicken for my family and they love it! My Hubby always smiles when he sees me pull out chicken thighs out of the fridge. He knows dinner will be good that day. 😀
Trim overlapping skin and excess fat from chicken thighs, cut enough lemon slices to place one on each thigh ( keep the lemon ends to squeeze the juice out right into the pan). I used 4 large thighs that I seasoned with salt, pepper and dried oregano.
The gorgeous lemons you see in this dish were sent to me from Limoneira, a California-based company. They are fragrant and delicious! I baked with lemons plenty so I was really excited to use them in a savory dish!
Place thighs skin side down onto hot pan and cook for about 4 minutes. Flip over and cook another 5 minutes.
Add garlic, onion rings and lemon slices over the chicken, pour the lemon juice and soy sauce into the pan and place your skillet in the oven.
What comes out of the oven after 25 minutes, makes me swoon! Juicy, tender, fall of the bone chicken with so much flavor!
- 4 in bone- skin-on chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 red onion sliced into rings, separated
- 4 cloves garlic minced or grated
- 1 whole lemon
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet (mine is 11" cast iron), heat up olive oil and butter over medium heat.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper and oregano.
- Place chicken skin-side down in pan. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Flip chicken over, cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add garlic, soy sauce and lemon juice to pan.
- Place onion rings and lemon slices over chicken.
- Place skillet in oven. Roast for 25 minutes OR until the internal temperature of each thigh is 165 to 175 degrees F. Spoon the pan juices over chicken half way through roasting.
- Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes before serving. Drizzle pan sauce over chicken and serve.
I used 4 large thighs (see photos), you can use 5 smaller chicken thighs for this recipe.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out! 😀
Recipes from other bloggers:
Buttermilk Roast Chicken with Garlic from Julia’s Album
Crispy Roasted Chicken from Gimme Some Oven
Simple (whole) Roast Chicken with Garlic and Lemons from Just a Taste