Cheddar Corn Casserole with Bacon Recipe – quick and easy side dish that everyone will love! Golden sweet corn, red peppers and bacon baked into creamy and cheesy dish.
As true Kansans, we love corn dishes. Especially creamy, cheesy corn dishes. Add bacon and red peppers and everyone is asking for seconds. That’s when you now you have a dish that will become a staple for holiday or weekend dinners.
Today I am partnering with Del Monte® to bring you a 10-Minute Wow Meal using their Whole Kernel Corn. I always have it in my pantry. I like the convenience and quality of this product. I use whole kernel corn in my dishes few times a week. It adds freshness and slight pop and crunch to side dishes, soups, salads or whole meals.
I was able to choose from 5 dishes and put my own twist on the one I wanted to recreate. Almost instantly, I chose Cheddar Corn Casserole. Knowing how much my family loves corn dishes, I knew it was a good choice and the final result will be delicious. This dish is perfect for any time of year thanks to the convenience of canned corn but right now it’s Spring and I am thinking Easter. This casserole will make a great addition to your Easter brunch or dinner table. It’s quick, easy and can be prepared ahead.
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese about 12 oz.
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp . black pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 oz . cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp . hot sauce
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 5 slices thick cut of bacon cooked and chopped
- 4 cans Del Monte® Whole Kernel Corn well drained, 15.25oz.each
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 13"x9" casserole dish. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together cream cheese and milk. Add hot sauce and mix in well.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together cheese, flour and pepper. Add cream cheese mixture and stir. Add diced red pepper, and corn. Stir well together.
- Add bacon and stir in.
- Pour the mixture into prepared casserole, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 35 to 40 minutes OR until it bubbles up on the edges.
- Uncover dish and let stand 10 minutes in room temperature.
To enter the Sweepstakes select one recipe from Del Monte®’s #10MINUTEWOW Easter Pinterest board and pin to your personal Pinterest Easter Board using hashtags #10MINUTEWOW #DELMONTECONTEST then send your Easter board to email@example.com during official Sweepstakes hours.
March 2, 2016 at 3:00pm PT – March 16, 2016 at 3:00pm PT
3 prize winners will receive a Del Monte® Gift basket including:
(1) $200 American Express gift card
(1) Casserole dish
(1) Serving Spoon
(1) Del Monte Recipe Book
Del Monte product
For contest rules, click HERE.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Del Monte. The opinions and text are all mine.