Queso Mac and Cheese with Bacon – cheesy macaroni baked in creamy, spicy queso sauce with bacon. Cheese lovers – this one is for you!
Today is Cheese Lover’s Day and we are celebrating with a cheesy mac with creamy queso sauce and bacon. Perfect for this time of year when we are all craving comfort food. This queso mac is great for a game day party to keep your guests happy. Besides, who can ever say no to queso and bacon?
We are huge cheese lovers here and if you visited our blog before, you know that. I will take any chance to play with cheese in my kitchen and my family loves the results. Gooey, melty cheese always makes me swoon! Add spicy queso and bacon and you have an instant winner!
To celebrate the Cheese Lover’s Day, I am teaming up with the Wisconsin Cheese Marketing Board to bring you this super cheesy recipe. We all know the best cheese is from Wisconsin and when it comes to macaroni and cheese, the best is what you need! For this recipe, I used Wisconsin Colby Jack cheese and Wisconsin sharp cheddar cheese. The combo of these two paired perfectly with the southwestern flavors of the spicy, creamy sauce. Top it with more cheese and you have one knock-your-socks-off dish!
QUESO MAC AND CHEESE WITH BACON RECIPE
Cheesy macaroni baked in creamy, spicy queso sauce with bacon. Cheese lovers – this one is for you!
More delicious recipes: www.crunchycreamysweet.com
- 2 cups macaroni uncooked
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices of bacon chopped
- ½ medium sweet onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 can 4.5oz diced green chiles, drained
- 1.5 c Colby jack cheese shredded
- 1 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- ¾ cup sharp cheddar cheese for topping
- Grease 2 qt casserole dish. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook macaroni according to directions on package. Drain and keep warm.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together milk, cornstarch, cumin, paprika, chili pepper, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon until almost crispy. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until translucent.
- Add milk mixture to sauteed veggies and bacon. Cook, stirring often, until the mixture thickens.
- Add both cheeses, stir few times. Add diced green chiles. Stir until cheese is completely melted.
- Add cooked macaroni. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the macaroni into prepared casserole dish. Top with additional cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until the cheese topping is melted.
- You can place the dish under a broiler for 2 minutes to toast up the topping.
- Remove dish from oven and cool for 15 minutes.
MORE CHEESY RECIPES:
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Wisconsin Cheese. All text, opinions, and photos are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting brands that make this blog happen.