Perfect Breakfast Casserole – everything you love about breakfast in one easy and delicious casserole! Bacon, sausage, mushrooms, peppers, onions, hash browns, eggs and cheese. This breakfast bake is perfection!
I shall call this the ultimate breakfast casserole. It has everything we love about breakfast (the savory type) and is so satisfying, it’s perfect for a holiday morning or a weekend. Bacon, sausage, mushrooms, peppers, onions, potatoes, eggs and cheese. All of rolled into one casserole. Are you hungry yet?
It is man approved, kid approved and honestly, a great idea for a breakfast for dinner kind of day. My whole family loves it! It is my go to dish for holiday breakfast or snowy weekend. It fills you up so you can enjoy the planned activities. On Christmas morning, I know that breakfast will be the last thing on our kids’ minds and they will be busy playing afterwards. I need to make something that will make their bellies happy for a while!
To make this breakfast ahead, I recommend thawing the potatoes in the bag in you fridge. Cook the veggies and sausage, cool and place in an air tight container. In the morning all you need to do is mix everything together, whisk eggs with milk, pour over potatoes and bake it all together. Everyone will be happy to sit down to this goodies filled breakfast!
- 4 slices bacon diced
- 1 lb pork sage sausage
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 sweet onion diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 white mushrooms washed and sliced
- 24 oz . bag of diced hash browns OR potatoes O'Brian thawed, I used the latter
- 1 cup shredded cheese I used a mix of mozzarella and cheddar
- 4 large eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butter a 13" x 9" baking dish. Set aside.
- Place potatoes in a large mixing bowl.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until almost all pieces are crispy. Add sausage and cook until done.
- Add garlic and all diced veggies (onion, peppers and mushrooms). Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add the sausage veggie mixture and half of cheese to potatoes and stir in gently. Spread the mixture in prepared baking dish.
- In a large measuring cup or small bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Add salt and pepper and whisk together.
- Pour the egg mixture over potatoes.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake for 40 to 43 minutes or until sizzling and the cheese is melted.
- Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!
Recipes from other bloggers:
Overnight Blueberry French Toast from RecipeGirl
Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole from FoodieCrush
Veggie Loaded Easy Breakfast Casserole from Sally’s Baking Addiction