Skinny Peppermint Mocha Latte Recipe – warm up with this low calorie version of popular winter coffee drink! You only need a few ingredients and less than 10 minutes to make it!
‘Tis the season for hot and sweet coffee drinks!
Being a huge coffee lover and a fan of all coffee drinks, the holiday season is my favorite because I get a free pass to make them as often as I want to. There are so many options, you could have a different one each day!
Today, I am partnering with Sweet ‘N Low and Socialstars to bring you a skinny version of one of my favorite winter coffee drinks: the Peppermint Mocha Latte! It requires only 5 ingredients that most likely you have on hand and takes only a few minutes to prepare.
Brew up your coffee or make an espresso for a stronger drink. Make the milk and chocolate mixture, add peppermint extract and Sweet ‘N Low sweetener and mix it all up. Dress up with a swirl of whipped cream and a sprinkle of crushed peppermint candy or holiday funfetti and enjoy! It doesn’t get easier than that!
Use your favorite milk: 2%, low-fat, almond or soy. Use dark or semi-sweet chocolate. Skip the sugar and use Sweet ‘N Low sweetener. Enjoy the sweet drink you love but save on calories. Sweet ‘N Low is a zero calorie sweetener and my favorite way to turn decadent drinks into skinny yet still flavorful options. For more information about the product, please visit Sweet ‘N Low website.
- 1 cup milk I used 2% - see post for more options
- 1/2 cup freshly brewed coffee or espresso for a stronger option
- 5 Tablespoons squares dark chocolate or 4 semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 packets Sweet 'N Low
- whipped cream optional, for garnish
- sprinkles for garnish
- crushed peppermint candy for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, heat up milk and chocolate, whisking constantly. Do not boil!
- Remove from heat.
- Add extract, Sweet 'N Low sweetener and coffee. Mix well.
- Pour into serving mug.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Garnish with crushed candy cane or sprinkles.
- Serve immediately.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!
Disclosure: This post is a part of sponsored campaign for Sweet ‘N Low, via Socialstars. #donthesitaste All opinions, text and photos are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting brands that make this blog possible.