Broccoli Cheese Soup – make a Panera copycat in your own kitchen in under 30 minutes! This creamy and cheesy soup with broccoli florets will be a family favorite!
This past few days have been so chilly, I had to pull out our fall sweaters out of the closet. And with sweater weather comes soup season. Hot bowl of soup is right there with cheesy pasta when it comes to comfort food. It will satisfy and warm you up. Just what you need on a cold fall or winter day.
One of our favorite soups is this broccoli cheddar soup. It’s easy, creamy and delicious! It reminds me a lot of Panera’s broccoli cheese soup! But I have a secret ingredient that makes it even better!
There really is not much work with this soup besides sauteeing veggies and then adding the rest of ingredients and letting everything mingle together in the pot. In under 30 minutes you can have creamy and cheesy soup that everyone will love.
My secret ingredient in this soup (and many other of our favorite dishes) is Ranch seasoning mix! It gives the soup more flavor with sauteed veggies and cheese. The cornstarch replaces flour and it’s my go to thickener for smooth sauces, gravies and soups. I highly recommend it! There is no need to cook it with butter like you would do with flour. Simply whisk it with cold stock and milk and add to the pot. If you want to omit it, add half of a cup of heavy cream to the wet ingredients.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS RIGHT INTO YOUR INBOX!
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 small yellow onion , chopped
- 2 medium carrots , diced or thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 Tablespoons Ranch seasoning mix
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 to 3 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded sharp or mild cheddar
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, melt butter. Add onion, carrots and sautee until onion is almost translucent.
- Add garlic and sautee for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together stock, milk and half and half, Ranch seasoning and cornstarch.
- To sauteed veggies, add broccoli and the stock and milk mixture.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 15 minutes or until broccoli is soft.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add cheddar and stir it in.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet or #crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!