Bakery Style Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Muffins – jumbo pumpkin muffins with dark chocolate chunks! Make bakery style treat in your own kitchen!
It’s National Coffee Day! You guys know by now that my Husband and I are huge coffee fans. We get up way before the kids just so we can enjoy our morning cup together. He likes his with just a light splash of half and half but preferably heavy cream and sugar. I like mine the same but I am more into experimenting with new flavors. See my recipe for homemade pumpkin pie spice coffee creamer! I know you guys love it too – thank you for letting me know!!! Recently, I started a series on Insta where I share a photo of our Sunday morning cups of coffee with a different treat alongside. Follow our #SundayMorningFor2 series on Instagram!
Now onto the muffins! Whether you buy coffee in your favorite coffee house or brewing it in your own kitchen, you know that baked treats are a perfect side to your cup. Especially muffins. And not any muffins – jumbo bakery style muffins!!
Since it’s fall and pumpkin is on our minds (see here, here and some more here), naturally I made pumpkin muffins. While grabbing my homemade pumpkin pie spice (see the recipe here), I spotted a bar of Hershey’s Special Dark chocolate. In minutes, it was chopped into chunks and added to the batter.
Just look at those chunks! They make the muffins even more tempting. The result of the last minute addition: jumbo muffins filled with dark chocolate chunks. Do it! Your coffee will thank you!
But seriously. It’s like you need cold milk with cookies, you need coffee with these muffins. Especially on a Sunday morning. Those moments are for enjoying coffee. Usually, during the week, most of us have a quick cup while running out the door or sipping on lukewarm liquid because we are running busy. Sunday mornings are for slowing down, quiet, sit-down mornings when you can sip your coffee holding the cup with both of your hands and adding a little bit sweetness to the moment. What better way to do that than with homemade muffins that look like you got them in the bakery!
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1/4 cup oil (canola vegetable or coconut)
- 1/4 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 and 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chopped (I used Hershey's Special Dark)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly grease jumbo muffin pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pumpkin spice).
- Add chocolate chunks and stir in until coated.
- In another mixing bowl, mix together the wet ingredients (pumpkin puree, oil, yogurt, vanilla and eggs). Add sugar and mix well.
- Stir in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix only until combined. Do not overmix.
- Divide the batter among muffins cups.
- Bake muffins for 5 minutes. Without opening the oven, lower the temperature to 375 degrees F and bake muffins for 12 to 15 minutes longer OR until the toothpick inserted in the center of each muffin comes out clean.
- Cool the muffins in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan onto a cooling rack or wooden board.
To freeze: wrap tightly in plastic wrap, place in a ziploc bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet or #crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!