Chipotle Chicken Soup – warm up with a bowl full of this spicy chicken soup that’s full of flavor! You can have it done from start to finish in under 30 minutes.
If you visit Pinterest often or stop by your local Starbucks, you’ve noticed that the season for pumpkin is almost here. For some, it has already started. I am still hanging onto summer food at this past weekend was full of it. Grilled beer-soaked brats, homemade coleslaw and bbq sauce, grilled peaches with fresh whipped cream and tropical margaritas were filling our table. I hope your unofficial last weekend of the grilling season was epic too. My Hubby got a new grill this summer and I can already see that he will have a hard time putting it away for the cold season. I wouldn’t be surprised if he decides to do Thanksgiving on the grill! But I digress.
I mentioned the pumpkin season. With pumpkin season, for us, there also comes the soup and stew season. Hearty soups, with chunky vegetables and meat will be cooking away on the stove or slow-cooker. The whole house will be filled with scent of our favorite comfort foods. Are you ready for it?
I think we all will as soon as the first chilly day arrives and the longing for sweater and boots with suddenly overcome us. On days like that, a big bowl of spicy chicken tomato soup will be just the right thing.
Doesn’t matter how busy your days are, how many hungry bellies you have to feed – a hearty soup is always a good idea. Especially since this one comes together in just 30 minutes or less. All you need is chicken, chipotle peppers (in adobo sauce), a couple of cans of diced tomatoes (I used fire roasted kind), onion and garlic and let it all simmer away together. You can even use fresh tomatoes if you have some on hand, just add tomato sauce. Garnish with chopped fresh basil and maybe even a dollop of sour cream to cool the heat. Few slices of good bread or skillet focaccia on the side and you are set!
- 1/2 yellow or sweet onion chopped
- 4 cloves or garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lbs boneless chicken breast , chopped into bite size
- 2 teaspoons chopped chipotle peppers almost minced, canned in adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 28 oz . cans diced tomatoes undrained (I used fire roasted kind)
- 1 cup water
- In Dutch oven, heat up olive oil on medium heat.
- Add chopped onion and minced garlic and sautee until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces and cook 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer soup for 20 minutes.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet or #crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!