Mini Pancake Muffins – soft and fluffy mini muffins that taste just like pancakes! So go ahead, bake the pancake batter with your favorite toppings for this fun on-the-go breakfast!
This post has been updated with new photos and a video February 2017.
We are breaking the rules today. We are making pancakes but in half the time and all of them at once! HA! How about that for a twist?
But what a fun twist it is. My kids were speechless and right afterwards giggling with excitement and impatiently awaiting the muffins to be done.
Don’t get me wrong. We love pancakes (and waffles!!) but the one thing I don’t like about them is the standing by the oven, flipping and serving as I go. By the time I can sit down to eat, everyone is done. And I hate eating alone. But I love to cook and bake with my kiddos and teach them that messing in the kitchen can be fun and you can make fun mini food like these little gems. They already asked me to make them this next weekend. 🙂
Pinterest came to my rescue (it does it for us sometimes, doesn’t it?). This idea of baking pancakes in a muffin pan seemed fun and I needed to try it. I made my usual pancake batter and filled my mini muffin pan with it. Then the real fun began – the kiddos and I topped them with chunks of fresh strawberries, mini chocolate chips (for double the mini cutness!!) and toasted coconut.
Check out our VIDEO to see how to make them:
The mini muffins puff up in the oven while baking and will deflate a little bit while cooling. The heavier toppings will make the muffins flatter but still absolutely delicious! You can dip them in maple syrup or sweet cream. So so good! You can also pack them into lunchboxes for a easy snack. They are a great grab-and-go breakfast.
If you like fun twists on classics, mini food, fun breakfast/brunch ideas, have kiddos or grandkiddos – please, make these Mini Pancake Muffins! And then share a photo on social media and tag me #crunchycreamysweetrecipes or @crunchycreamysweet ! I’d love to see your creations!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a mini muffin pan with a non-stick baking spray or butter (I used butter). Set aside.
- Prepare toppings by placing them in small bowls.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt).
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together milk and lemon juice. Let stand 2 to 3 minutes until the milk sours. Add egg, vanilla and oil and whisk together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir together just until combined. Slightly lumpy batter is okay. Do not overmix!
- Place one tablespoon in each muffin cup. Top with desired toppings.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the tops are puffed up and set.
- Cool muffins in the pan for 10 minutes, remove from the pan.
- Serve or pack into ziploc bags or containers with lids for an easy on-the-go snack.
Sign up for our NEWSLETTER!