Coconut Crinkle Cookies – easy one-bowl cookies with lots of coconut flavor thanks to the extract and shredded coconut!
Somehow I feel like this year I am a little late to the coconut game. Usually, I get crazy with it in late January because I truly love it and it just fits perfectly with the outdoor scene. Everything is covered with a fluffy snow!
This year, I blame it on the weather. It’s been glorious here in Kansas. Unusually warm and sunny for days. Until just few days ago when overnight we got a ton of snow. Right now it’s 19 degrees. So so cold!
Bring on the coconut and let’s make cookies! They will hold us over till Spring!
Crinkle cookies are a huge hit in our family. They are easy to make so the kids can make (especially with rolling them in sugar!) and so pretty! I packed them with shredded coconut and few drops of coconut extract. They smell amazing and have a fabulous texture! There is no chilling of the dough so these cookies can be on your table in less than 30 minutes!
These cookies would be a perfect treat for a Spring brunch, baby or bridal shower or for a simple afternoon dessert. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with a parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time and mix well.
- Add coconut extract. Mix again.
- With mixer on low speed, mix in flour, baking powder and coconut only until just combined. The dough will be soft and sticky.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (1 and 1/2 tablespoon size), drop scoops of the dough onto the powdered sugar and roll the dough into balls.
- Place on baking sheet, leaving 2 inches of space between them.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until puffed and tops are cracked.
- Cool on sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer onto a cooling rack.
Recipes from other bloggers:
Chocolate Fudge Crinkle Cookies from Bakerita
Salted Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Crinkle Cookies from Cooking Classy
Red Velvet Cream Cheese Crinkle Cookies from The Little Kitchen
Follow crunchycreamysweet on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #crunchycreamysweet! We would love to see what’s happening in your kitchen!