Valentine’s Day Puppy Chow – sweet treat with white chocolate and a hint of strawberries! Also, get our free printable!
Last year, my Valentine’s Day recipes were focused around rich chocolate and servings for two. My Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes and the Chocolate Mousse are still my favorite recipes and I make them any chance my Husband and I have to make a special date night dinner with a fabulous dessert. This year, my girls begged me to make a cute treat and it had to involve the color pink!
White Chocolate Strawberry Puppy Chow to the rescue.
This sweet treat (that is crazy easy to make, by the way) is a way to bring both of the worlds together. My Husband loves puppy chow (he calls it muddy buddies!) and it’s a perfect treat to munch on while watching a romantic movie together. Our kiddos love cereal treats and M&M’s. It’s something for everyone!
To bring the Valentine’s Day favorite flavors to the game, I used white chocolate to coat the cereal and strawberry extract to add some berry love. This can’t be any easier!
Add pink and red M&M’s for a pop of color and this treat is ready for sharing!
But we are not done. Today I am trying something new. I created a super simple printable that you can download and frame. I hope you will like it!
Get the free printable, HERE.
This puppy chow aka muddy buddies will be a hit with kids and adults! Please, feel free to play with flavors! Instead of strawberry extract you can use cherry or any other berry – whatever your heart desires (see what I did there? 🙂 ). It’s a great treat to pack into little cellophane bags, matched with cute tags and give away to friends and kiddos. Or just make a big bowl of it and enjoy a romantic evening, watching a girly comedy or a Disney Princess movie.
I hope you love it as much as we do!
- 5 cups rice chex cereal
- 10 oz . white chocolate chips or white candy melts
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil or vegetable shortening solid
- 2 drops of red gel food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoons strawberry extract I used McCormick's Imitation Strawberry Extract
- 1 cup and 1/2 powdered sugar
- 1 cup red and pink M&M's
- Place chex cereal in a large mixing bowl.
- Place chocolate and coconut oil (or shortening) in a heat-proof dish and melt in a microwave or in a double boiler. Stir until smooth.
- Add food coloring and extract to chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Pour melted chocolate over cereal and stir until well coated.
- Place powdered sugar into a ziploc bag or a large plastic container with lid.
- Add chocolate coated cereal to the powdered sugar, seal and shake to coat the cereal.
- Place puppy chow into a serving bowl and mix with M&M's.
Don’t forget to download the free printable, HERE.
Also, check out my Valentine’s Day Pinterest board for more holiday recipes!
Puppy Chow recipes from other bloggers:
Lemon Bar Muddy Buddies from Lemon Tree Dwelling
Cupcake Puppy Chow from Sally’s Baking Addiction
Puppy Chow Popcorn from Buns in My Oven
Follow crunchycreamysweet on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #crunchycreamysweet! We would love to see what’s happening in your kitchen!