White Chocolate Funfetti Popcorn Donuts – two fun treats in one! Dress up delicious vanilla donuts with white chocolate glaze and freshly popped popcorn! Add colorful funfetti and celebrate!
Donuts and popcorn – two treats that always bring smiles to our faces and both are perfect for a birthday party! So why not combine the two? Easy and fun treat that looks festive and is absolutely delicious!
Popcorn is a staple in our house. Every Friday is a movie night and it we can’t imagine it without the popcorn. JOLLY TIME Pop Corn makes so many varieties of popcorn, you can enjoy a different one each day of the week. Their HealthyPop Kettle Corn is one of our favorites recently. It’s a healthy snack idea and our kids love it.
But we are celebrating today so let’s take the popcorn and turn it into a festive treat. That’s where the donuts come in. Baking donuts has become my obsession lately; I simply can’t get enough of them. It seemed like a fun idea to top them with freshly popped popcorn! I used a white chocolate glaze as a glue base for the popcorn. I added sprinkles and a drizzle of white chocolate to hold everything together, and this treat got a round of applause from my kids. One of them already requested a batch for her birthday!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup white chocolate chips or candy coating
- 1/4 cup un-popped popcorn kernels I used JOLLY TIME Pop Corn Kernels
- 1/4 cup funfetti sprinkles
- Spray a donut pan with a non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Do not over-mix. The batter should be lumpy.
- Place the donut batter into a ziploc bag. Snip one corner of the bag off. Pipe out the batter onto the donut pan, filling the cups 2/3 full.
- Bake the donuts for 9 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then transfer onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Pop the popcorn according to the instructions on the package.
- Melt white chocolate in a heat-resistant dish.
- Spread a layer of white chocolate over the top of the donut. Top with popcorn. You may have to hold it in place for few seconds until the chocolate "glues" it to the donut.
- Sprinkle donut with sprinkles and drizzle with more white chocolate.
- Repeat for the remaining donuts.
JOLLY TIME Pop Corn is celebrating their 100th birthday this month, and I am bringing the popcorn donuts! JOLLY TIME Pop Corn has been there for my family for all of these years, celebrating our special events or making the movie nights that much better. A bowl of freshly popped popcorn is a must for a movie night or any party. It’s easy and never disappoints. So let’s say “thank you” and celebrate JOLLY TIME’s big birthday!
For more popcorn inspiration and ideas, visit “Virtual Birthday Party with JOLLY TIME Pop Corn” Pinterest board!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by JOLLY TIME Popcorn. I was compensated for my work on this recipe. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting brands that make this blog possible.