Cranberry Walnut Stuffing – fruit and nut stuffing idea for your Thanksgiving dinner.
My very favorite stuffing to date! No wonder: it has my favorite ingredients in it. Cranberries that I absolutely adore and always buy tons of bags of them and use all year long; and walnuts – my favorite nut! Together they make a fantastic fruit and nut stuffing that’s not only easy to make but pairs perfectly with chicken, turkey or ham. Just in time for the holidays!
My friends are already shopping for Christmas gifts and I am already planning our holiday menu. This stuffing actually appeared on our Family Day as a part of our big meal. I love everything about it! The tarty cranberries that burst while baking, and the walnuts that toast in the oven. The honey and nut bread soaked in apple juice is the base and the binder for the fruit and nuts. Oh, it’s so delicious!
- 6 cups bread cubes I used honey and oat bread
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup shelled walnuts
- dash of salt
- Lightly grease a 2 quart dish. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place bread cubes in the dish.
- Pour the apple juice over the bread.
- Sprinkle cranberries over the bread.
- Sprinkle walnuts over the bread.
- Bake the stuffing for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the bread starts to toast and get a golden brown hue.
- Remove from the oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Toss all of the ingredients together in a large bowl. Stuff the chicken or turkey with stuffing and bake.
You have to admit, it’s actually one pretty stuffing. And we all know, stuffing is not the star of the show on the holiday table. Usually not appealing looking, soggy and not really impressive. Not this one! This one is pretty with red berries and smells heavenly! I love using cranberries in festive holiday dishes and do that any chance I get. I had this idea for a stuffing since this summer and I am so happy how it came out! I could eat it every day!