Cheesy Spinach Dip Chicken Pasta – your new favorite dinner! Spinach dip and pasta get together to create one cheesy and creamy dish! You need to make it!
How about a creamy pasta topped with gooey cheese for dinner? What if we added spinach dip to the equation? I’ll tell you what – your new favorite weeknight dinner! It’s absolutely delicious and the whole family loves it!
This has been our favorite weeknight dinner. I make it on Tuesdays, our busiest time in the week when our girls have dance classes and we get back home late. I do all of the prep during the day. When we get home, I top it with cheese and bake while we make a salad and the dinner is ready in 15 minutes. Talk about a time-saver!
HOW TO MAKE SPINACH DIP CHICKEN PASTA?
- Start by buttering a 2-quart baking dish. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to the instructions on the packaging. Drain and keep warm.
- Dice chicken, season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle flour over chicken and toss to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, mix together sour cream, cream cheese, Ranch mix, half and half and spinach. Add cooked pasta and chicken to the spinach mixture and stir all together. Transfer the mixture into the prepared dish. At this point, you can cover the dish with saran wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- If serving right away, top the dish with cheese and bake for 10 minutes at 375 degree F oven. The cheese should be melted. You can then turn the oven to broiler (on low setting) and broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese bubbles up and gets golden brown spots. Let stand in room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.
PASTA DINNER THAT TASTES LIKE YOUR FAVORITE DIP
Pasta dinners are one of our favorites for weeknights. They are so versatile and so easy to make. This one is inspired by my Hubby. One of his favorite dips is the spinach dip (I skip the artichokes as I do not like them, but if you do – feel free to include them). It’s football season so naturally, we have game day food on our minds. Hence the cheesy bread and it’s jalapeno brother.
WHAT SPINACH TO USE IN THIS RECIPE?
But let’s talk about this dinner! I combined the spinach dip and all of its creamy goodness with cooked penne and cooked chicken. Then I topped it all with mozzarella and baked into one glorious meal! It is so crazy good – it’s crazy!
This dish is also great to take to neighbors that just had a baby, or friends that are sick. Everyone will love it! It’s a hit with kids even though it has spinach. And we all know how kids react to spinach.
You can use fresh or frozen spinach in this dish. I tried both and didn’t notice much difference. Go with fresh is it’s in season and frozen when you can’t find it. Don’t forget to thaw it before using in the recipe.
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
Spinach dip plus chicken pasta – who wouldn’t love it? Save this recipe to make this week! You can thank me later. 🙂 Enjoy, friends!