Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte – your favorite fall drink just got a makeover! Less calories but still delicious!
The weather for past few days has been gorgeous! Chilly mornings, warm afternoons – makes me even more excited that fall is almost here! That means my Hubby and I can enjoy a cup of hot coffee in the morning, before the kids wake up. I love trying new coffee (I shared a photo on Instagram of the one we currently love) and coffee creamers to jazz things up. Since I have been baking fall desserts that include pumpkin, I ended up few times having leftovers in the can. It was only natural to use it in a homemade version of the oh-so-popular Pumpkin Spice Latte. Besides I love making things from scratch in my own kitchen!
My Hubby works out everyday and eats healthy (easy for him since he doesn’t care for sweets) so I decided to make this drink in it’s skinny version. Touchdown! It is so delicious! You really can’t tell that it’s not a full calorie beverage. I also made him be my hand model for the photos. 🙂 Clearly he is better in it than I am! 🙂
Since I couldn’t use whipped cream perfectly swirled into a fluffy mountain but I still wanted this to be a creamy drink, I added 1/4 cup of a fat free half and half. It worked great! This latte is creamy and sweet and has all of the fall flavors I love!
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup fat free half and half
- 4 Tablespoons pumpkin puree not pie filling
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup freshly brewed coffee
- In a microwave safe measuring cup (I used pyrex cup), mix together pumpkin puree, vanilla, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and milk. Stir until all combined. Heat up until it starts to bubble.
- Remove from microwave.
- Pour the coffee into a serving cup. Add the pumpkin milk mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Serve immediately.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet or #crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!