Coffee Chocolate Chip Cookies aka Mocha Cookies – coffee and chocolate combo in a cookie form! Super easy and so delicious!
I am here today with a super easy cookie recipe, just in time for the afternoon baking! Let’s bake some cookies!
In my recent reader survey, I asked what types of recipes you would like to see more of on Crunchy Creamy Sweet. Cookies were the majority of the answers and I am happy to oblige!
Enter Coffee Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Do you remember these Funfetti Birthday Cake sugar cookies? They are a family favorite and my no-fail cookie dough recipe that I use all the time. I love it! It always comes out just perfect! I used it in my White Chocolate Coconut cookies, my Funfetti Cheesecake Sugar Cookie Bars, and these Sugar Cookie Dough Ice Cream! Clearly, it’s a winner recipe!
This time I added instant coffee granules and dark chocolate. By the way, if you haven’t yet, try using chocolate disks instead of chocolate. They make for bigger melty chocolate pieces in your cookies – always a good thing!
The coffee and chocolate flavors in these cookies bind together perfectly. None of them are overwhelming. Actually, next time I make them – I will add more coffee.
It is recommended to chill the dough (best for 24 hours) but even if you can’t wait and will bake a few with the freshly made dough – you will still achieve delicious cookies. The chilling process, makes for thicker cookies and let’s the coffee flavor strengthen.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together butter and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add coffee granules and mix well.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients all at once and mix for 5 seconds.
- Add chocolate chips and mix the dough until the flour is incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for at least 2 hour, preferably overnight. You can scoop it out with a 1,5 tablespoon scoop onto a baking sheet and chill. (Chilled cookie dough can be tricky to scoop out.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with a parchment paper.
- Scoop cookie dough with a 1,5 tablespoon size cookie scoop and place on the sheet.
- Bake cookies for 8 to 10 minutes ( 9 minutes was the magic number for me).
- Cool for 5 minutes on the sheet. Transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.