Cinnamon Sour Cream Coffee Cake with Crumb Topping – the one and only coffee cake recipe you will ever need! So easy and absolutely delicious!
Today is the day, friends. The day we have been anxiously awaiting – our oldest daughter’s recital. While you are reading it and hopefully admiring this amazing coffee cake, I will be sitting in the audience with tissues in my hands. I couldn’t keep it together during the dress rehearsal so today could be a river of tears. I bought a large box of tissues so I am good to go.
We are so proud of our daughter and her progress this year. Her class is amazing and her teachers did a wonderful job. We are so thankful for their dedication to their job.
I hope to share some photos from the event soon on the blog. I have a ton from the rehearsal already. It’s going to be wonderful to see them someday, when she is older.
So let’s talk about this cake right quick, just so you can print out the recipe and get moving with it. Because you simply have to make it for this weekend. It’s fabulous with a morning coffee or an afternoon tea.
Let me just say – if you are looking for the best cinnamon coffee cake with the best crumb cake – THIS IS IT. Look no further because this cake has it all. Some coffee cakes can be very dry. Not this one. All thanks to the sour cream in the cake batter. The crumb topping is my very favorite crumb topping. You may remember it from these coffee cake muffins. (<— they are so good, by the way!!)
I love this cake and will be making it many times for sure. It’s so easy and such a hit! I hope you will give it a try!
Enjoy your Saturday!
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
The one and only coffee cake recipe you will ever need! So easy and absolutely delicious!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 1 stick
- 1 and 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and flour. Add melted butter and stir in until it all comes together. Fluff with a fork to make a mixture that resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- Grease a 13"x9" baking pan. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt).
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with sour cream.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the topping over the batter.
- Bake the cake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.