Banana Bundt Cake with Chocolate Glaze – the best banana cake in a bundt cake form, dressed up with my very favorite chocolate glaze!
Happy Mother’s Day!! To all moms out there – I hope you are having a fabulous day filled with hugs, kisses, laughter and love!
If you need me, I will be happily stuffing my face with this Perfect Banana Bundt Cake with Chocolate Frosting. 🙂
I have been dreaming about this cake for a while now. It was on my to-make list for months. Every time I bought bananas, I was going to make it. But then my kiddos would devour all of the bananas in no time and the cake was pushed away in time again. For a while now, I had very ripe bananas on my shopping list every week. Only problem is – there are only green ones everywhere!
I wanted this cake so bad that I bought a bunch of green bananas, let them sit for a couple of days till they turned yellow. Then I placed two of them on a baking sheet and into the oven to speed-ripen them. It worked like a charm and I finally had everything I needed to make this cake!
For the cake, I used my trusty and family’s favorite banana cake recipe. You need 2 medium bananas for it. It’s also great with peanut butter frosting!
The chocolate glaze that I used to dress up this fabulous cake is my very favorite. It’s super easy and absolutely delicious! You can use it for cakes, bundt cakes and bars! I had a little bit leftover and I used it to make a quick trifle: broken up vanilla cupcake, sliced strawberries and this chocolate glaze. My midnight snack. 🙂
One note about the bundt cake form I used to make this cake. It’s a Heritage Bundt Pan from Nordic Ware. It’s one of my favorite! You can also buy a bundtlette pan with the same shape! The pan is available on the Nordic Ware site and also on Amazon.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS RIGHT INTO YOUR INBOX!
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
- 2 and 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 c packed light brown sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c mashed ripe bananas about 2
- 3/4 c buttermilk
- 1/2 c vegetable or canola oil
- 1 ts vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 c unsalted butter
- 1/3 c milk
- 6 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Spray the bundt cake form with a baking spray or see my note below for a homemade bundt cake paste. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, both sugars, baking powder, baking soda and salt). Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, mash the bananas. Add buttermilk, oil, vanilla and eggs. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well. Beat for 2 minutes.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the toothpick inserted in few places comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 2 minutes.
- Place a plate or a cooling rack on top of the bundt pan. Invert and let the cake sit in the pan on the cooling rack. Tap gently on the sides. If the cake doesn't slip right out, let it sit for 10 minutes. Then try again.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter and milk. Sift the cocoa powder right over the saucepan. Cook the mixture over medium heat, whisking constantly. The butter should melt and the mixture thicken up. Remove the saucepan from the heat.Cool for 10 minutes.
- Sift the powdered sugar over the saucepan. Whisk it in. Add vanilla and whisk in well.
- Place the cake on a cooling rack set over a rimmed baking pan.
- Pour the glaze over the cooled cake.
- Let the cake sit for at least 30 minutes so the glaze will set.
OTHER DELICIOUS BANANA CAKE RECIPES:
Chocolate Banana Cake from Brown Eyed Baker
Banana Cake with Cinnamon Brown Sugar Buttercream from Country Cleaver
Chocolate Chip Banana Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting from Oh Sweet Basil