Strawberries and Cream Ice Box Cake – one of the easiest no-bake desserts to enjoy with fresh fruit! Always a hit!
This cake has to go onto your to-make list. For two reasons: for once, the no-bake desserts season is upon us; second – the strawberry season is even closer. No-bake dessert recipes like this are going to be very handy. This cake is perfect for a spring or summer weekend afternoon or for a potluck or get-together with friends! Who can say no to a sweet and creamy vanilla
I made this cake in my favorite Le Creuset baking dish. It’s red and perfect for a strawberry cake. Because the recipe is for a 13″x9″ pan and my baking dish is 10″x7″, I had some of the leftover filling and crackers. I used it to make a late dessert for my and my Hubby. 🙂
The popular ice box cake is most definitely the easiest cake you can make. All you need to do is layer the graham crackers with the filling and top with berries. It doesn’t get easier than that! The fridge does all the work. It sets the filling to a mousse-like consistency and softens the cookies so it is easy to slice it.
I absolutely recommend making this dessert in jars to serve for guests!
- 20 graham crackers
- 2 pkg instant vanilla pudding or pie filling (see note)
- 3.25 c milk
- 1 tub of whipped topping (8 oz.)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 c sliced fresh strawberries , washed and hulled (divided)
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together milk and pudding mix. Mix for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Beat in vanilla extract.
- With a rubber spatula, fold in the whipped topping.
- Lightly grease a 13" x 9" baking pan.
- Arrange a layer of graham crackers on the bottom of the pan, breaking them in half if needed.
- Top the graham crackers with half of the filling mixture.
- Top the filling with half of the strawberry slices.
- Arrange another layer of graham crackers over the strawberry slices.
- Top with the remaining filling.
- Place the dish in a refrigerator until set, at least 4 hours to overnight.
- Before serving, top the cake with remaining slices of strawberries.
The total time includes chilling.