Blueberry Cream Cheese Turnovers – easy brunch dessert idea that everyone will love! Flaky, crispy pastry filled with blueberries and cream filling.
Even though we woke up on Monday to house roofs covered in snow, the Spring is here! And that means it’s the season for brunches! Pastries always come to mind. Especially those with sweet fillings. My Husband and I can never say no to them!
Fresh flavors, light dishes and fresh flowers. They all make for a beautiful Spring brunch to enjoy with family and friends. Sweet and flaky puff pastry turnovers served for brunch make a for an elegant dish and one that everyone will love.
Freshly baked, flaky pastry filled with delicious blueberry filling with an addition of cream cheese. Gentle dust with powdered sugar for a finishing touch. Served for a Spring brunch on a table dressed with fresh flowers. That’s what enjoying this season is about.
For this recipe I used Lucky Leaf’s Premium Blueberry Pie Filling. I love using pie fillings in baked treats besides pies! The addition of cream cheese and lemon zest cut the sweetness and add fresh flavors to these turnovers.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS RIGHT INTO YOUR INBOX!
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed
- 4 Tbsp cream cheese softened
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 8 Tbsp Blueberry Pie Filling
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp water
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small measuring cup beat the egg with one tablespoon of water.
- Unroll the puff pastry. Gently roll it out to seal all three parts of the sheet.
- Cut the sheet into 4 even squares.
- With a pastry brush, brush the edges of each square with the egg wash.
- Place 1 tablespoon of cream cheese on each square. Spread gently with a butter knife.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 of a teaspoon of lemon zest.
- Top with 2 tablespoons of blueberry pie filling. Spread gently but do not cross the egg wash brushed edges.
- Fold each square to make triangles.
- Seal the edges with a fork.
- Place the triangles on the prepared sheet.
- Brush each turnover with the egg wash.
- If you like, you can cut out little hearts from more puff pastry dough and place them on brushed turnovers.
- Bake turnovers for 18 to 20 minutes, or until puffed and nicely browned.
- Remove from oven and let sit to cool to room temperature.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
Other fabulous brunch recipes:
Breakfast Skillet Casserole – not only for Christmas!
OTHER TURNOVER RECIPES:
Sausage and Egg Breakfast Turnovers from Melissa’s Southern Style Kitchen
BBQ Bacon Peach Chicken Turnovers from Melanie Makes
Simply Caramel and Chocolate Turnovers from Barbara Bakes