Andes Mint Chocolate Fudge Cookies – to enjoy chocolate and mint flavors in one super fudgy cookie!
I am obsessed with these cookies. They are in the top five of my all time favorite cookies for so many reasons: they are super easy and quick to make, they are fudgy and gooey and filled with Andes mint baking chips.
Fudgy chocolate treat is always a winner in my book. And easy cookies that come together in a saucepan in matter of minutes. There is no creaming butter or chilling dough in this recipe. There is also no eggs in this dough. It’s replaced by sour cream or Greek yogurt. How fun is that?
I bet you won’t be able to stop at just one. If you plan to leave some for Santa, I suggest you make a double batch. They will go fast!
One note about these cookies: I do not recommend sending them as a Christmas gift. They are too fragile for that. While they will set more as the cool, they can crumble easily during the trip. For a great cookie to send in a package this holiday season, check out my Gingerbread Biscotti, Chocolate Chip Biscotti, Gingerbread Snickerdoodles, the Classic Sugar Cookies or White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter on low. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in cocoa powder and both sugars.
- Add yogurt and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Stir in mint chips.
- Drop 1,5 tablespoons of dough onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 8 to 10 minutes (9 minutes was the magic number for me; do not bake for more than 10 minutes).
- Cool for 3 minutes on the sheet, gently transfer onto a cooling rack.