Apple Bundt Cake with Caramel Glaze – melt-in-your-mouth bundt cake with chunks of apples and sweet caramel glaze. Perfect Thanksgiving dessert idea!
Special event on Crunchy Creamy Sweet: 5 Days of Thanksgiving Desserts!
First up: Apple Bundt Cake with Caramel Glaze.
That’s right! Five days of nothing but Thanksgiving dessert ideas for your holiday table! Let’s start with a bundt cake. Fresh apples, spices and caramel glaze. This cake just screams fall to me.
We all know bundt cakes are beautiful. But we also know how tricky it can be to get them out of the pan! I searched and searched for a tip because I didn’t want to buy the special spray just for bundt pans. Cook’s Illustrated to the rescue!! In their new Holiday Baking book, they share a super simple trick for getting the cakes to release easily from the pan. Just look at my cake right after it popped out!
Tip for getting bundt cakes easily out of the pan:
Mix 1 tablespoon of melted butter (cool!) with 1 tablespoon of flour. Use a pastry brush (or your fingers) and grease the bundt pan.This creates a coating that prevents the cake from sticking to the pan. Brilliant!!
I was so eager to try this trick as soon as I saw it and I am here to tell you – it totally works!! So save your money and use stuff you already have for the cake and make this simple paste to grease the pan. You will be happy you did! And may even do a little happy dance when your cake easily pops out of the pan. 🙂
HOW DOES IT TASTE?
I love this cake. It has a perfect amount of apples and spices in every slice. The caramel glaze is super simple and makes for a delicious finishing touch for this showstopper.
I used pecans as a topping. When it comes to holiday desserts, little things like that matter. Toast the pecans for few minutes, chop and sprinkle over almost set glaze. You can add them to the batter before baking the cake, but I have many people in our family that don’t like nuts in baked goods. Besides I like the look of the cake with the pecans on top. 🙂
HOW TO SLICE A BUNDT CAKE?
One more tip: to get a nice slice every time, use a serrated knife, like the one you would use for slicing bread. The apple pieces in the cake can pull during slicing with a regular knife and create empty spaces in the slices. So after the cake is completely cooled, use a serrated knife to slice it.
MORE BUNDT CAKE RECIPES:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
APPLE BUNDT CAKE WITH CARAMEL GLAZE RECIPE:
- 3 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1 c packed brown sugar
- 1 c vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 c applesauce
- 2 large eggs room temperature, beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c chopped Granny Smith apples peeled and chopped
- 3/4 c chopped pecans
- 1/2 c packed brown sugar
- 1/4 c unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c confectioners' sugar
- Prepare the 10 cup bundt pan: in a small bowl, mix 1 tablespoon melted butter (coowith 1 tablespoon flour. With a pastry brush (or by using your fingergrease the bundt pan. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl place granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil, applesauce, eggs and vanilla. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add the dry ingredients and beat on low until combined. The batter will be thick.
- Stir in chopped apples.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the cake for 1 hour or until the toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake for 10 minutes in the pan.
- Place a large plate over the top of the pan and invert the cake onto the plate.
- Let cool completely.
- Drizzle with glaze.
- In a medium saucepan,combine brown sugar, butter and milk.
- Whisking constantly, bring to boil.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and cool for 10 minutes.
- Add sugar. Whisk until drizzling consistency. If the glaze is too thick, add more milk.
- Drizzle over the cake.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans over the almost set glaze.