One-Rise Cinnamon Rolls – making your favorite weekend breakfast, simplified. Fluffy, sweet and delicious rolls with cinnamon filling will be loved by everyone!
Hey, friends! I hope you had a wonderful long weekend and took advantage of the gorgeous weather, maybe possibly lounged by the pool and of course enjoyed good food. 🙂 We sure did. The barbecue season is in full swing and I hope you won’t mind if some of our favorite recipes will make an appearance here on CCS. 🙂
In the meantime, let’s bake something. Something delightful of course.
I have been craving sweet rolls recently. It’s been a while since I whipped up a batch. And because I always look for quick and easy recipes, these One Rise Cinnamon Rolls made an appearance in our kitchen. We are talking soft, fluffy rolls in just one hour.
Most yeast recipes call for two rises. This one requires only one. That significantly cuts on the time and work and who doesn’t like that? Especially if you are craving soft and slightly warm, sweet and cinnamon-y rolls with just the right amount of glaze drizzle.
I am telling you, you can enjoy these rolls in just one hour. Or you can do what I like to do with sweet rolls: make the dough, roll it up, slice, arrange in the dish and refrigerate overnight. Then in the morning, while everyone is still asleep, let come to room temperature while preheating the oven. Bake and serve freshly baked rolls for breakfast. 🙂
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 c granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoon to 4 of milk or orange juice
- In a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer, whisk on low speed 1 and 1/2 cups of flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Slowly drizzle in the water. Add egg and butter and increase the speed to medium. Beat well for 3 minutes.
- Gradually add the remaining flour and knead the dough until it start to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll it out to a 15"x8" rectangle.
- Brush the dough with melted butter. Sprinkle with sugar. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Starting on the long side, roll the dough up tightly. Seal the seam.
- Cut the dough into a 3/4 inch slices and arrange in a parchment paper lined 13"x9" pan.
- Cover the pan with a clean kitchen towel and let sit until the rolls double in size, about 30 minutes (it can depend on how warm your kitchen is). Or at this point you can place the rolls in the refrigerator overnight. Before baking let them come to room temperature and let them rise until double in size.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake the rolls for 18 to 20 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
- Cool completely before glazing.
Don’t forget to enter our giveaway:
Have a fabulous day!