Strawberry Pie Sour Cream Crumb Bars – The best crumb bars you’ll ever have! Creamy sour cream filling and sweet strawberry pie filling makes them irresistible!
May 2015 – updated with new photos.
My obsession by idea:
– to finally find the perfect kind of coffee that will enable me to embrace every morning…
– to have 10 minutes during that morning when I can focus on what’s in my cup and not why is there a crayon drawing on the wall… again….
My obsession by image:
– this photo
– this cookware
My obsession by desire:
– to fill my closet with these dresses in anticipation of hot summer days
– to create another version of my delightful Sour Cream Crumb Bars.
Just like with the Donut Muffins (by the way I am acquiring quite the collection of those here on CCS), I desperately wanted to make another version of my Sour Cream Crumb Bars. They were so good and so incredibly easy to make! It was simply time to add some fruit!
Spring is here (at least in theory…) and Summer will be here before we know it. There will be an abundance of fruit and wouldn’t it be nice to have a recipe or two to use them in? Glad you like my thinking. 🙂
I used strawberry pie filling in this recipe for a few reasons: I had an open can of it and because I don’t make pies, I was trying to find a way to use it; I am simply waiting for strawberries to get into their peak and the prices to dip so I can stock up on them.
- 1/2 c unsalted butter melted, cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 c light brown sugar
- 1 c and 1/2 all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 c strawberry pie filling or any kind you like
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 1/4 c granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Prepare the 8" square pan by greasing the sides and the bottom or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add melted butter and mix until dough forms.
- Reserve about 3/4 c of the mixture for the topping.
- Press the remaining dough into prepared pan. Set aside.
- Place all filling ingredients (except the pie filling) in a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer and mix until all combined.
- Pour over crust.
- Spoon the pie filling over the sour cream filling. Gently make few swirls with a spoon.
- Sprinkle with the topping mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 28 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
- Cool completely in pan. Cut into squares.
- Refrigerate leftovers in a covered container for up to 3 days.
Use any pie filling you like. Let the bars cool to room temperature for easier cutting.