3-Ingredient Beer Bread – the easiest quick savory bread recipe made with self-rising flour, sugar and beer. Perfect to go with a bowl of soup or chili.
TGIF! I made you a bread! 🙂
As you may probably know, April is the National Grilled Cheese Month. Sandwiches took over the internets. You can spot them everywhere. Most likely in your kitchen too!
So I combined my love for homebaked bread and the fact that we all celebrate one of the best food holidays for today’s post.
Three Ingredient Beer Bread and a list of 30 great sandwich recipes from food blogs around the web.
Let me tell you right quick about this bread. It’s super easy to make as it requires only 3 ingredients to make: self-rising flour, sugar and beer. And even if you don’t have self-rising flour on hand, you can easily make your own.
How to make self-rising flour at home:
1 c all-purpose flour
1 and 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
It will technically make it a 5 Ingredient Beer Bread but it’s still easy and fast.
The bread is quite pale in the appearance as we are using light beer in this recipe. I would be very interested how using a dark beer would affect the looks, texture and taste!
It is great for grilled cheese sandwiches, open face sandwiches or any kind you want. It does taste like beer so be ready for that. If you don’t like the taste of beer, this recipe is probably not for you even though the taste decreases when grilling stuffed with meat, cheese and veggies.
I used it to make grilled cheese using my trusted panini maker.
3-Ingredient Beer Bread - the easiest quick savory bread recipe made with self-rising flour, sugar and beer. Perfect to go with a bowl of soup or chili.
- 3 c self-rising flour (*see note on making your own)
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 12 oz light beer , at room temperature (opened right before using)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a 9"x5" loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Whisk flour (*see note for additional ingredients if making your own self-rising flour) and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add beer and stir with wooden spoon until all combined. Do not overmix.
- Transfer the batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 43 to 45 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before slicing.
To make self-rising flour for this recipe: whisk together 3 cups of all-purpose flour, 3 and 3/4 teaspoons of baking powder and 3/4 teaspoon of salt. Use in place of self-rising flour.
And to get your creative juices flowing, here is a list of 11 Great Sandwich Recipes.
1. Caprese Grilled Cheese from Closet Cooking
2. Cobb Salad Sandwich from Two Peas and Their Pod
3. Hot Roast Beef Sandwich from The Pioneer Woman
4. Chicken Zucchini and Ricotta Sandwich from Simply Recipes
5. Chicken and Arugula Sandwich from RecipeGirl
6. Caprese Grilled Cheese from Diethood
7. Cobb Grilled Cheese from FoodieCrush
8. Bacon Portabello Mushroom and Habanero Grilled Cheese on Homemade Pretzel Bread from Foodness Gracious
9.Mushroom Onions Gouda Grilled Cheese from She Wears Many Hats
10. Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Brie Pear and Hazelnuts from Cookin’ Canuck
11. Balsamic Brussels Sprouts Grilled Cheese from How Sweet It Is
Have a fabulous day!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you follow the link I may make few dollars, which always helps with buying ingredients for more sweet treats like this. Thank you!