Chocolate Ganache Mini Tarts – mini treats with a chocolate crust, ganache filling and topped with fresh whipped cream and strawberry hearts. Sweet and delicious!
CHOCOLATE GANACHE MINI TARTS
Mini treats that are small in size yet truly decadent are perfect for celebrations or those days when you want to treat yourself just because. These mini tarts are super easy to make and so adorable! To finish them off, I added whipped cream and a sprinkle of edible glitter hearts. My daughters loved the sugar hearts so much and were looking for ways to use the tiny heart cookie cutter. Slices of strawberries were a perfect base for the tiny decorations. And you can add them to your morning breakfast any day for a cheerful start! 🙂
The crust recipe I used for these tarts is incredibly easy to make and it comes together in the food processor. It’s not a roll-out kind of crust. More like pat-into-pan crust. But it’s very forgiving and easy to work with and after an hour of chilling, it’s not too sticky to work it with your hands.
MINI TART PANS
I used my new mini tart pans with removable bottoms. I recommend getting them, if you are a fan of mini desserts or tarts for that matter. They are non-stick and removing the tart shells from the pans is a breeze. They just slip out of them!
MORE GANACHE DESSERTS:
CHOCOLATE GANACHE MINI TARTS RECIPE:
- 3/4 c all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- dash of salt
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/4 c + 1 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 oz . semi-sweet chocolate chopped
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp corn syrup
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- In food processor, blend together butter and powdered sugar until it comes together. Add yolk and vanilla and blend again. Add dry ingredients and blend until all well combined. Transfer the dough onto a parchment paper sheet , fold and flatten into a disk. Chill at least 1 hr.
- Divide among tartlette pans and pat into the bottom and up the sides of your pans. Prick the bottom with fork. Place tart pans on a baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- Make ganache: place chocolate in a small bowl. Heat up the cream, sugar and syrup in a medium saucepan. Pour over chocolate and let sit for at least 2 minutes. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour into cooled tarts shells. Chill in refrigerator until set.
- Decorate with whipped cream and strawberry hearts. Serve.