This time of year cookies rule so I decided to postpone BB Mondays until January. I hope you don’t mind… I promise, there will be lots of delicious recipes to enjoy!
Besides, these cookies have been waiting for their 5 minutes for weeks now. And do they deserve a little spotlight! Chocolate cookies with a kick. Trust me, these are crazy good! Chewy and soft. Kept in a cookie jar, they stay that way for at least three days. If they last that long, that is. 🙂 The sweet chocolate flavor is followed by the spicy pepper. Perfect sweet and spicy balance!
You will be glad to have a batch of these once the weather turns really cold and the white puff graces our yards. They will make a fabulous pair with a cup of hot chocolate or peppermint tea. Turn on your favorite Christmas movie on and enjoy this season! That’s my plans, anyways. 🙂
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, aluminum foil or silpat. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl of your stand mixer, cream together butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
- Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients ( flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and ground red pepper ).
- To the butter mixture, add egg, egg yolk and vanilla and beat to combine.
- Fold in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Do not overmix.
- Scoop the dough onto prepared sheet, spacing them 2" apart from each other.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes. Cool on sheet for 2 minutes, transfer to a cooling rack.