This Caramel Apple Coffee Cake is a must-try dessert for fall! It’s tender cake with sauteed apples, crunchy crumb topping and homemade salted butter caramel sauce!
CARAMEL APPLE COFFEE CAKE
I am in the full swing mode of fall baking. And I love it! Despite the heat outdoors, I am enjoying fall soups, home-baked bread and cakes. Like this one. Caramel Apple Coffee Cake. Does this look yummy or what??
Remember my Salted Butter Caramel Sauce? It took the internet by storm!! I am not surprised. I had to use it in this cake. It’s just perfect with apple coffee cake!
Besides that, I highly recommend this recipe. You can find it in “Southern Living” magazine, September issue on newsstands now, or on the website, here. This is one of my favorite magazines. I always get all giddy when it arrives in the mail. Just looking at the cover, I knew there would be a lot of goodies inside. I was right! I made the cake the same day I got my issue. And it was amazing! The batter is so moist and airy. You layer sauteed apples on top, drizzle with caramel sauce and top with the most delicious streusel topping ever!
More Coffee Cake recipes:
CARAMEL APPLE COFFEE CAKE RECIPE:
This Caramel Apple Coffee Cake is a must-try dessert for fall! It's tender cake with sauteed apples, crunchy crumb topping and homemade salted butter caramel sauce!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups Granny Smith apples peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- caramel sauce
- Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add apples; sauté 5 minutes or until softened. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Prepare Streusel Topping: stir together flour, pecans, melted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and salt until blended. Crumble into small pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar and mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9-inch springform pan; top with apples. Drizzle with 1/2 cup caramel sauce; sprinkle with streusel topping.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Cover loosely with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning; bake 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set. (A toothpick will not come out clean.) Cool in pan on a wire rack 30 minutes; remove sides of pan. Cool completely.