Flu and hot weather. This is my new worst combination of conditions. It’s worse than being sick in winter, simply because you can’t wrap yourself in a cozy blanket and enjoy hot tea with lemon.
But if you happen to have the best in-laws ever, who will stop by with never-sounding-better chicken noodle soup and help you get your energy back, you can be saved. There might have been Bomb Pops involved, but that’s a story for another day. 🙂
Also, you have to have the most caring readers ever, to keep your spirit up and not make your freak out that your blog will be fast forgotten.
Now onto the chips. No, I am not feverish anymore and didn’t change Crunchy Creamy Sweet to Zesty Spicy Savory. Although, my Hubby suggested it after taste testing these. It’s the beginning of the football season. It’s second name – the snack season. Are you excited? Because we are going to share a lot of snack recipes here on CCS. Actually, it’s going to be a whole series! We are starting off with homemade baked tortilla chips. I hope you will enjoy them as much as we do!
- 2 burrito size flour tortillas
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 tsp ground red pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Cut your tortillas pizza style, into wedges.
- In a small measuring cup, combine melted butter with all the spices and whisk with a fork.
- Place tortilla pieces in a small mixing bowl and pour the melted butter over them.
- Gently toss to coat.
- Place tortilla wedges in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake 5 - 8 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and cool completely.
- Serve with salsa or dip.
Are you excited for the football season? Who do you cheer for?