Cherry Love and Black Forest Parfait Recipe – a quick and easy no-bake dessert for hot summer days. Cherry sauce and vanilla yogurt make this a healthier dessert idea.
First of all, I want to thank all of you who are visiting my new site and leaving comments and subscribing. Thank you so much! It melts my heart to get all the support from all of you during my big move to WordPress! I owe you all plates and plates of cookies! 🙂
My week without the oven continues. And even though I do miss a freshly baked pastry or a cupcake, I am really enjoying rediscovering all of the frozen and no-bake treats and desserts you can make! Like the one, you saw here yesterday. Frozen yogurt anyone?
If you ask my girls, they will tell you how cool it is to see the cherry pits popping out right into a bowl! If you ask me, I am glad there is no mess to clean. In a matter of seconds, you have perfectly pitted cherries ready to pop into your mouth or use in your dessert! Like this one.
Oh my sweet cherry goodness!!! Was this one good or what!
I am in love with my new go-to cookie crust from this cake. I could eat it with a spoon!
The cherry sauce is out-of-this-world delicious! It would be great on a morning bagel topped with cream cheese… MMmm… Just sayin’ 🙂
- 6 oz pitted cherries
- 1/4 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 c water
- 2 c vanilla yogurt
- 3 1/2 oz Biscoff cookies or graham crackers
- 1/2 tsp instant coffee granules
- 3 Tbsp butter melted
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- To make the cherry sauce, place cherries, sugar and water in a medium saucepan.
- Cook until cherries burst and the sauce thickens. Cool completely.
- In a food processor, crush cookies to crumbs. Add coffee granules, both sugars and cocoa powder.
- Pulse for 30 seconds. Add melted butter. Pulse for about a minute.
- Transfer into a small bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare your serving dishes. Place cocoa cookie crumbs on the bottom, pressing gently.
- Top with 3 - 4 Tbsp of yogurt ( depending on your dishes ).
- Top with a layer of cherry sauce.
- Top with more yogurt.
- Sprinkle with cookie crumbs or shaved chocolate and fresh cherry.
- Serve right away or store in the fridge for up to 2 hours.