Pumpkin Pie Bars recipe – quick and easy dessert bars that taste like classic pumpkin pie!
For the original post, click HERE.
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN PIE BARS
My favorite part of making these Pumpkin Pie Bars is that the crust and the crumb topping are made from one mixture. It’s buttery with a perfect amount of cinnamon and cloves. Simply mix all of the ingredients in a bowl, reserve about 3/4 cup of it for the topping and press the rest into the bottom of a parchment paper lined baking pan.
The filling is super easy since we are using a canned pumpkin pie filling, not a puree. Add one egg and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla, whisk until smooth and pour over the crust. Sprinkle crumb topping over the filling and bake in the preheated oven for 28 to 32 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting. You can also cool the bars completely and then refrigerate for up to 2 days or until ready to serve.
—>>> SCROLL BELOW FOR PRINTABLE RECIPE.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS RIGHT INTO YOUR INBOX!
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
This recipe makes 9 good size bars.
- 1/2 c unsalted butter melted cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 c light brown sugar
- 1 and 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 and 1/2 cups pumpkin pie mix from a can, not puree
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Prepare the 8" square pan by greasing the sides and the bottom. Line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves and salt.
Add melted butter and mix until crumbly dough forms.
- Reserve about 3/4 c of the mixture for the topping.
- Press the remaining dough into prepared pan. Set aside.
- Place all filling ingredients in a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer and mix until all combined.
- Pour over crust.
- Sprinkle with the topping mixture.
Bake for 28 to 32 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
- Cool completely in pan. Cut into squares.
Refrigerate leftovers in a covered container for up to 3 days.
For the best crumb topping, cool butter completely after melting.