The Best Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe Card
The Best Chocolate Bundt Cake - absolutely perfect chocolate bundt cake with an easy chocolate glaze! You will love this one-bowl recipe that does not require eggs for the batter and mixer to make it! Recipe source: CrunchyCreamySweet.com
for the pan:
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter melted, cooled
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
for the cake:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
for the glaze:
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 Tablespoon hot water
to prepare the pan:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together melted one tablespoon of butter and one tablespoon of cocoa powder. It will create a thick paste. Apply the paste all over the inside of a 10-cup bundt pan. Set aside.
to make the cake:
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder).
- Add oil, water, extract and vinegar to the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Tap the pan against the countertop to release the air bubbles.
- Bake the cake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the toothpick (or uncooked spaghetti noodle) inserted in few places comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for ten minutes in the pan set on a cutting board.
- Place a cooling rack over the top of the pan and holding the pan with a kitchen towel to protect your hands, invert the cake onto the cooling rack. It should slip right out. Gently pull the pan off.
- Let the cake cool completely before glazing.
to make the glaze:
- In a small mixing bowl (heat-proof), place chocolate, butter and corn syrup. Microwave in 20 second intervals, until the chocolate and butter are melted. Stir until smooth. Add hot water and stir until smooth. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour the glaze over the cake (it should still sit on a cooling rack).Let the excess glaze drip off onto a plate. When the glaze stops dripping, place the cake onto a serving plate or cake stand.
For the original post, click HERE.