Instant Pot Sweet Garlic Chicken Recipe – juicy chicken thighs in brown sugar garlic sauce, cooked in 7 minutes in the Instant Pot pressure cooker. Quick, easy and so tasty!
One of my go-to chicken dinners is the Sweet Garlic Chicken cooked in a slow cooker. Lately, I have been switching all of my slow cooker recipe to my Instant Pot, digital pressure cooker. I love the fact that I don’t have to do much prep ahead of time or figure out when to set the slow cooker to have the dish done in time for dinner. The Instant Pot makes it so easy to whip up dinner in just minutes!
This Instant Pot Sweet Garlic Chicken is so easy to make, as it requires only a few ingredients that you most likely already have in your fridge and pantry. Boneless, skinless chicken thighs cooked to perfection in the brown sugar garlic sauce. I serve this chicken dish with mashed potatoes and roasted veggies or simple salad.
HOW TO MAKE SWEET GARLIC CHICKEN IN INSTANT POT?
This Sweet Garlic Chicken is very simple to make. I like to saute the chicken thighs in a little bit of oil in the Instant Pot to brown it a little bit and add texture. Next, pour over the sauce mixture, close the lid and set the timer of your Instant Pot to 7 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally. Remove the chicken from Instant Pot onto a serving platter. Thicken the sauce with a flour or cornstarch slurry and cook on saute setting. Pour over chicken and serve.
One note on thickening the sauce: what you see in the picture is a sauce thickened with flour. I switch between flour and cornstarch, depending on what I have on hand at the time. I do prefer cornstarch as it makes clear and glazy sauce. Use what you like or have in your pantry.
—>>> CRAVING MORE? Check out these easy chicken dishes made in the Instant Pot!
Instant Pot Chicken Tacos from Spend with Pennies
Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala from Well Plated
Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken from Pressure Cooking Today
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
–>> Follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram for latest recipe updates!
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Juicy chicken thighs in brown sugar garlic sauce, cooked in 7 minutes in the Instant Pot pressure cooker. Quick, easy and so tasty!
- 5 to 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- Make sure the stainless steel insert is in your Instant Pot.
- Press "saute" setting. Add butter to insert and let melt.
- Place chicken thighs in Instant Pot and brown on both sides for a few minutes. The chicken does not need to be fully cooked. Just brown it a bit to add texture. Press "cancel/off" button.
- In a measuring cup, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Add grated garlic cloves. Pour sauce over chicken.
- Close lid of the Instant Pot, switch the valve to "sealing" position.
- Press "manual" setting and adjust timer to 7 minutes. The Instant Pot will beep and start coming to pressure.
- When the timer is done, the Instant Pot will beep. Press "off/cancel" button. Do not release pressure. Let the pressure release naturally. When the done, carefully open the lid.
- Remove chicken onto a serving platter.
- In a measuring cup, whisk together flour and water to make a slurry.
- Press "saute" setting on Instant Pot, add slurry to sauce and cook until thickens. Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve.
You can use cornstarch in place of flour to make the sauce gluten free. It will also make it clearer and glazy.