Instant Pot Minestrone Soup Recipe – easy vegetable soup cooked in just a few minutes in pressure cooker. Hearty and filling and perfect served with crusty bread.
Soup season is strong over here. My Instant Pot has been whipping up Chicken Noodle Soup or my Weight Loss Cabbage soup on a weekly rotation. Now this Minestrone is making an appearance in our menu. Vegetable packed soup with beans and pasta or rice is absolutely perfect served with a chunk of crusty bread. Especially, if it’s my No-Knead Bread. So delicious!
This Instant Pot Minestrone Soup makes for a delicious and healthy lunch or dinner on busy days. It takes only a few minutes to saute the vegetables in your pressure cooker, add the remaining ingredients and set it to cook for 6 minutes. Easy and delicious!
WHAT GOES IN A MINESTRONE SOUP
Minestrone is a vegetable packed Italian soup that uses garlic, onion, carrots, celery, tomatoes and beans. It is often served with pasta ( I like to use elbow macaroni, but corkscrew or bow tie works well too! ) or rice. I like to add cabbage and zucchini as well as spinach. Use what’s in season and the vegetables you like. To season, use Italian seasoning or a blend of dried oregano, thyme and sage. For liquid, use vegetable broth or stock and crushed tomatoes.
HOW TO MAKE MINESTRONE SOUP IN INSTANT POT
Cooking soup in my pressure cooker is the easiest and almost totally hands-off cooking. Simply saute garlic and onion in a little bit of oil right in your pressure cooker insert. Add carrots, celery and cabbage and saute for 2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and set the pressure cooker to 6 minutes. In the meantime, cook pasta or rice if desired. You will have a hearty bowl of soup ready to be devoured in no time. Garnish with chopped basil or parsley, grated Parmesan cheese or chopped green onions. Serve with a slice of sourdough bread and enjoy!
Craving more? Try these delicious soup cooked in the Instant Pot:
Instant Pot French Onion Soup from Well Plated
Instant Pot Low-Carb Cauliflower Loaded Soup from Kalyn’s Kitchen
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
–>> Follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram for latest recipe updates!
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Instant Pot Minestrone Soup Recipe - easy vegetable soup cooked in just a few minutes in pressure cooker. Hearty and filling and perfect served with crusty bread.
More Instant Pot recipes: www.crunchycreamysweet.com
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 medium carrot diced
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 1/2 cup chopped white cabbage optional
- 1 medium zucchini chopped
- 1 15 oz. can light red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 and 1/2 cups elbow macaroni uncooked
- Set your Instant Pot to saute mode. Wait one minute, then add olive oil to the stainless steel insert. Add minced garlic and chopped onion. Saute for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add carrot, celery and cabbage and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add zucchini, beans, diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, broth, seasoning, bay leaf and tomato paste. Stir well. Cover pressure cooker with lid. Set the valve to "sealing" position. Press "manual" and set the timer to 6 minutes. The pressure cooker will beep and start cooking.
- When the time is up, let the pressure cooker release the pressure naturally for at least 15 minutes. Then release any remaining pressure by switching the valve to "venting".
- Carefully, open the lid away from your face. Add spinach to the soup and stir. Let it sit for a few minutes, until the spinach is wilted.
- Serve soup with sourdough bread, chopped basil or parsley, chopped green onion or grated Parmesan cheese.
Minestrone soup can be made with any vegetables. Use what's in season and the vegetables you like.
To season, use Italian seasoning or a blend of dried oregano, thyme and sage.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS RIGHT INTO YOUR INBOX!