Sheet Pan Pancakes Recipe – the fastest way to make pancakes! Topped with bananas and chocolate and baked to fluffy squares, these pancakes are a must for a weekend breakfast!
I have a new kitchen hack, a shortcut that makes breakfast a breeze. No more standing by the stove and flipping pancakes. You can bake your pancake batter in a large sheet pan in just 14 minutes! Top with fruit, chocolate or whatever you like and bake into fluffy squares. Stack up on a plate and drizzle with maple syrup and watch them disappear.
I make pancakes each Sunday. My kids always get excited the night before. I have a fail-proof recipe for thick and fluffy pancakes that my whole family loves. Now I have a new way to cook them! Enter Sheet Pan Pancakes.
Weekend breakfast can now happen on any day thanks to this super fast way to make pancakes for the whole family. My kids love this new pancake magic and I love that I spend less time by the stove. Just mix up the pancake batter and spread in a large rimmed sheet pan. Top with slices of bananas and chocolate chips or blueberries and bake.
If you have a crowd to feed, make two sheets with doubled batter. Let everyone choose toppings and make it a fun breakfast or brunch event.
Once done, cut the giant pancake into squares, stack them up on plates and serve with maple syrup or warmed up peanut butter. So delicious!!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS RIGHT INTO YOUR INBOX!
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
Idea from hello, Wonderful.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons half and half see note
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 banana sliced
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large 13" x 9" rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt).
- In a measuring cup, combine half and half and apple cider vinegar. Stir few times and let sit 2 to 3 minutes. It should thicken up and half and half should sour. You just made buttermilk.
- Add egg, oil and vanilla to buttermilk mixture. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients and chocolate chips to dry ingredients and stir to combine. Do not overmix.
- Spread the batter onto prepared baking sheet. Top with slices of banana and chocolate chips.
- bake for 13 to 15 minutes. The top should be golden and dry.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Cut into squares and serve with maple syrup or warmed up peanut butter.
You can freeze cooled squares in a ziploc bag for up to 1 month. Thaw out and reheat in microwave.
Half and half is a mixture of equal parts of whole milk and light cream. It is in my opinion the best for making homemade buttermilk, that makes pancakes thick and fluffy. You can use whole milk in it's place but the pancakes won't rise as much.
OTHER DELICIOUS PANCAKE RECIPES:
Butter Pecan Pancakes from Crazy for Crust
2-Ingredient Cream Cheese Pancakes from Barefeet in the Kitchen
Hot Cocoa Pancakes from Wine & Glue