M&M Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies Recipe – soft and chewy oatmeal cookies packed with gooey chocolate chips and colorful M&M’s!
If you browse Pinterest for just a few minutes, you start to see a pattern. There are holiday dinner recipe ideas all over it. And all I want is a plate full of cookies. Like these Oatmeal Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies. So while I dunk them in milk and enjoy every chocolate and candy filled bite of them, I’ll still be sitting here planning our festive holiday dinner and writing the never-ending shopping list. Green bean casserole from scratch, anyone?
These cookies are so easy to make because we are using melted butter for the dough so no mixer needed as we are not creaming or whipping the ingredients. Just mix it all together, chill for a couple of hours, scoop and bake.
I actually had a pretty funny conversation with my kiddos while we were making this batch. They wanted to know how many M&M’s and chocolate chips can we add to the dough. How much is too much? hahahaha We might have gone a little heavy handed here and then we still stuck some more on the mounds of dough sitting on our cookie sheet just before baking. Festive!
These cookies are so fun and perfect treat to share with friends and family during the holidays. I always say that treats with bright M&M candy makes people smile. 😀
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR DESSERT BOARD!
CLICK HERE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK.
- 1 cup and 1/2 old-fashioned oats not quick cooking
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted, cooled, 1 stick
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chocolate chips (any kind will work: milk semi-sweet or white)
- 1 cup M&M's candy
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves (if using), salt.
- In another mixing bowl, stir together butter vanilla, both sugars and egg. Stir until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until combined. The dough will be sticky.
- Add chocolate chips and mix in well.
- Cover the bowl with saran wrap and place in fridge for at least 2 hours to overnight.
- When ready to bake, line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scoop the dough with medium size cookie scoop (1 and 1/2 Tablespoon size). Place scoops of dough on prepared baking sheet, spacing them 2" apart. Add few chocolate chips on each scoop, if desired.
- Bake cookies for 13 to 15 minutes. For me 14 minutes was the magic number.
- Let cool on sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer onto cooling rack.