Homemade Alfredo Sauce recipe – the best garlic Parmesan pasta sauce I’ve ever made! Just a few simple ingredients is all you need to make it. Also, I am sharing my trick to make it’s super speedy version.
Pasta lovers, you are in for a treat today! This Alfredo sauce recipe is my top pasta sauce and overall top favorite recipe to make! I would be happy eating it with just fettuccine noodles but there are so many ways to enjoy it – you will never get tired of it.
One of the most popular pasta sauces happens to be super easy to make completely from scratch right in my own kitchen. You can make it right before serving or ahead of time and store in fridge. Add pasta of your choice, vegetables, meat and you have dinner on the table in under 30 minutes. I make this sauce every week and serve with fettuccine, chicken, bacon (and sometimes ham) for a decadent pasta dinner OR mix with penne, broccoli and mozzarella and bake to perfection. There are so many options for this sauce: skillet pastas, pasta bakes, pizzas or dips. Just look at this creamy goodness!
I’ve been experimenting with this sauce recipe for years and finally settled on the perfect amount of garlic and Parmesan cheese that makes this sauce. I stopped using flour in my sauces years ago, when I learned that cornstarch never clumps and creates the smoothest textures. I highly recommend trying it.
As always, I like to give you options for various situations. I always saute garlic in butter for this recipe but if you want to skip this step, you can add all of the ingredients into a blender, blend for 20 seconds until smooth and add to chicken in a saucepan and cook until it thickens. If you don’t have fresh garlic on hand, use 2 teaspoons of garlic powder. If you have any questions, please leave them in the comment section below and I will be happy to answer them! 😀
If there is one from-scratch recipe that you try this week, it has to be this one! It will make you fall in love in cooking at home and cooking from scratch.
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups half and half a mixture of milk and cream; available in dairy section
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic and saute until golden.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together half and half, cornstarch, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and oregano. Add mixture to sauteing garlic.
- Cook, stirring often until thick.
- Add Parmesan cheese and stir well.
- Remove from heat and use in pasta dish (see notes) OR cool to room temperature, pour into a jar and store in fridge for up to 3 days.
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR DINNER BOARD!
Other Recipes I love:
Chicken Broccoli Alfredo from Julia’s Album
Creamy Shrimp Alfredo Pasta from Natasha’s Kitchen
Chicken Alfredo Bakes Ziti from Gimme Some Oven