One Bowl Brownies Recipe – homemade from scratch brownies don’t get easier than that! They are fudgy with soft, shiny, flaky top, melt-in-your-mouth! They taste and look like they were made out of the box mix but are quick, easy and made in one bowl!
Aren’t they gorgeous? The flaky top has me swooning every time I look at the picture!
Also, eating them with a fork is totally allowed. I shared about it on my SnapChat (follow me there –>> crunchycreamysw ) to delight of my friends. Obviously, we gave each other the permission to eat freshly baked brownies with a fork. #nojudgement
So here it is – my recipe for brownies that come together in one bowl, uses melted chocolate and makes fudgy brownies with shiny, soft (not at all crunchy) flaky top, they are light and each bite just melts in your mouth. Swoon!
When it comes to brownies, there are two types: the ones made with cocoa powder and ones made with melted chocolate. I covered the cocoa powder version (you can check out the recipe HERE) that makes ultra fudgy brownies with crunchy meringue-like top. The secret is to beat the eggs and sugar for good 2 minutes.
This recipe uses melted chocolate and just 2 Tablespoons of cocoa powder for even more chocolate flavor. The brownies are lighter and each bite just melts in your mouth. The texture is almost mousse-like yet not quite. The top is flaky but soft. The only crunchy part is the edge. Just one thing to remember: cool the melted chocolate and butter to room temperature before adding eggs or you will end up with a scrambled mess. If you have any leftovers (let’s say 4 or 5 pieces), place them in a single layer in a ziploc bag. They will stay soft for days!
These brownies are officially our family’s favorite. They look and taste just like the box kind but are made from scratch (win already right here), with a handful of ingredients, no special techniques or tricks. My Hubby likes them warm with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. #yaaasss
– you can make these brownies in muffin pan for individual brownies, topped with whipped cream and berries
– add chopped nuts, peanut butter chips or any chocolate chips you like
– use them to make a trifle!
Check out our newest video to see how we made these brownies! Don’t forget to subscribe to our channel while you are there! Click on the image below.
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 oz . semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8" square baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Place butter and chocolate in large mixing bowl. Melt in microwave in 20 second increments, stirring between each - until smooth. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Whisk melted chocolate few times. Add eggs, one at a time, whisk well after each addition. Whisk the whole mixture really well.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add vanilla and salt and whisk in.
- Add sifted flour and cocoa powder and stir in with a spatula.
- If desired, stir in additional chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan. Smooth out the top. Tap the pan against the counter to release air bubbles.
- Bake brownies for 22 to 25 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan.
- Remove from pan and cut into 9 squares.
- Store in a single layer in ziploc bag - they will stay soft for days.