Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe – soft and thick peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips. Quick and easy cookie dough that requires no mixer and no chilling the dough!
The weekend is almost here so let’s make cookies! Whatever your plans are for the next two days, cookies are always a good idea. Visiting family, picnic at the park (because the Spring weather is finally here!), sleepovers, crafting sessions, game day, movie night – a batch of freshly baked peanut butter cookies that melt in your mouth and are packed with chocolate chips is recommended.
I am crazy about this recipe for so many reasons! It’s want-cookies-now kind of recipe because it takes 10 minutes to mix up the dough and another 10 to bake a batch. We are using melted butter which also means to mixer required. You can whip up the dough with a spatula. YES!
Peanut butter and chocolate combo is irresistible! I will never refuse a cookie with this combo. This recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies from Love From the Oven look crazy good and I know I could eat a whole dozen!
If that’s not selling you, let me tell you that these cookies are thick, perfectly peanut buttery and each bite literally melts in your mouth. SO GOOD!
Please, notice that the dough is more on the drier side, you do need to roll a scoop of it in your hands to make a ball. It is not a sticky dough at all.
If you are really short on time or don’t feel like scooping and rolling the dough – press it onto a 8″ square (for thick bars, like I did HERE) or 13″ x 9″ pan for more and thinner bars, bake and cut. It’s a win win either way!
To see how easy it is to whip up the dough, check out our YouTube video for the Reese’s Bars (it’s using the same cookie dough base)!
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup and 1/2 semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt). Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk melted butter with peanut butter until smooth.
- Add both sugars and whisk until well mixed.
- Add vanilla and egg and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and stir in with a spatula.
- Add chocolate chips and stir in (you can reserve some to press into each cookie dough ball for prettier cookies). The dough should be soft but not at all sticky.
- Scoop cookies with a medium (1 and 1/2 tablespoon) cookie scoop and roll in your hands. Place on prepared cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Cool on pan for 5 minutes, then transfer onto a rack to cool completely.